GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on 39-month (39,000 mile) lease, what do you think?

4-cylinder
AWD
Carbon Blk/Blk
Navi
Power rear liftgate
Chrome package (minus emblems)
18'' Chrome Wheels
$0 down, $438/month.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
frantinez63 said:
About to pull the trigger on 39-month (39,000 mile) lease, what do you think?

4-cylinder
AWD
Carbon Blk/Blk
Navi
Power rear liftgate
Chrome package (minus emblems)
18'' Chrome Wheels
$0 down, $438/month.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
So, you want to give someone over 17000.00 to drive their vehicle for 3years 3 months just enough so it's out of warranty so you have to repair everything back to their specs? Oh, tax and title are extra too right?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Not a good deal IMHO. :thumbdown: I am buying my sle2 with a little trade equity and money down for $350 a mo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's a pretty well optioned vehicle. Figure a MSRP of somewhere around $33,000. After whatever they've got the cap cost set at, plus TTL, you're probably at around $32,000 for the lease. A little over $17,000 in payments leaves the residual value at around $15,000. Not too terrible for a little over three year old vehicle.

Is it a smoking deal? No. It's a fairly typical lease for a vehicle that is selling well without incentives.

Not a good deal IMHO. I am buying my sle2 with a little trade equity and money down for $350 a mo.
Without details this is about as general a statement as, "Sometimes, it rains."

Stick $6,000 up front on that lease and the OP's lease payment drops to just above $280. Comparing the monthly payment on a purchase with money down to the monthly payment on a lease with nothing down is impossible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 4 all of the comments. I think it's a fair deal. If I trade in my wife's car for $5500, payment is 293/month. Any other incentives I can argue for at the bargaining table?

Eric

·
Registered
472 Posts
1. If you have a friend or family member who works or worked for GM you can get a discount through them.

2. If you have USAA insurance they have a buying service that will give you 3 dealers that will sell it below invoice. If you Use their car insurance you will get another $750 discount too.

Between the 2 it saved me close to $2500 because I played the dealers against each other . I told them what I wanted to pay out the door including TT&L and said whoever could do it gets my business. It doesn't matter what color or model the dealer can get it for you so do not feel stuck with one.

You can search local dealers here
http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Worked the deal slightly better-

$427/month. No taxes up front. Only 1st month payment and DMV fees.

What do you think?

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts