GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warranty expired last year, took it in 2 months before warranty expired at 90000 miles. It consistently used at least a quart of oil within the first 1000 miles before I brought it in. They said it used only .75, within the first 1000 miles. My next trip in at 2000 miles the dealership said it only used .05. Which was bullshit, sorry. Service guy said he would turn it in to Chevrolet to see if it was covered. It was denied and I was quoted $3600 to fix this.! Now 1 year later at 100000 miles I can’t keep oil in this pig. I’m so disappointed with Chevrolet. I’m wondering now, do I have to wait until my timing belt breaks before they’ll cover that ?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
What year, what engine, what dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 Equinox 2.4, Henderson Chevrolet, NV.
Last week the engine quit. Had to replace engine. $5378.
Chevrolet Sucks

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Ouch. 5400 bucks on a 9 year old machine, that's absurd.
Yeah - I looked on Kelly Blue Book and saw whole cars for as low as $5700 asking price (2011 Equinox 2.4L engine with 155,000 miles). That’s a lot of miles, but maybe that means the engine is one of the better ones (notice how I avoided use of the word “good” there...LOL!)

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
Yeah - I looked on Kelly Blue Book and saw whole cars for as low as $5700 asking price (2011 Equinox 2.4L engine with 155,000 miles). That’s a lot of miles, but maybe that means the engine is one of the better ones (notice how I avoided use of the word “good” there...LOL!)

If OP is in it for the long haul, then for $5K he has a brand new engine, presumably. That should get him at least 10K of trouble-free miles...maybe !

I agree, I wouldn't put that kind of money into it, but everyone has their own set of reasons and finances.

·
Registered
262 Posts
****. My 2011 uses oil like crazy as well. 80k miles and I put 3-4 quarts in it between oil changes. Thats a steep price on a new motor but really now it should last a very long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts