GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am factory ordering a Nox and do not want the dealerships name stuck on car, can I ask them to not do this? If so, they will most likely do it anyway saying they forgot, how can they be removed without marring the finish? :facepalm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
you can ask any car porter to remove the sticker. And if they dont just use a hair dryer to warm the sticker and you can pull it off slowly. Then use some goo gone to remove and glue residue......But first just try telling the porter give him like $5 bucks for lunch and im sure he will do it......remember customer is always right and your spending some money for that car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Cisco!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Your welcome!
So i see you went with the LTZ, would you mind telling me what the final cost on it was before sales tax and all the other stuff?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right at $30500. I paid 795 extra for the White diamond and another 700 for navi. It's still waiting allocation though. I've never bought a new car and the price freaks me out some :eek: After taxes and trade in it's gonna be 27700. Still scary, but you only live once, right? Come on, tell me right ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
YES YOUR RIGHT!!! I had the same problem when i went for mine it was either a used 2011 or new 2012....I said screw it i want NEW!!! I really should of looked at leasing, since i like new cars anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Of course you don't have to have the dealer put their advertisement on your car. Before you leave, tell them to take it off unless they are going to pay you for advertising. Their logo isn't part of what you paid for... no discussion needed, tell them you don't want it ANYWHERE on YOUR car. You're not a rolling billboard for them.

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I have been fortunate enough to have purchased several new cars and each time I tell them to remove it, or don't put it on in the first place. I have been to the same Chevy dealer enough now that they already know not to put one on my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
I made my sales guy take the sticker off before I signed the final paperwork, just in case it caused some kind of random damage. But, it won't hurt anything, 9 times out of 10. We just walked outside and he peeled it right off with his hand in about 2 seconds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
I never did notice one on my Black Terrain but on the new White one I did.It was actually very small and pulled off easy by hand.I will be doing my first Detail this weekend so whatever residue was left will be gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
I put Chrome trim on the botton of the rear liftgate. The dealer plaque was in the way. Just peeled of and used some ribbing alcohol to get any remaining glue off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
APCassidy said:
Of course you don't have to have the dealer put their advertisement on your car. Before you leave, tell them to take it off unless they are going to pay you for advertising. Their logo isn't part of what you paid for... no discussion needed, tell them you don't want it ANYWHERE on YOUR car. You're not a rolling billboard for them.

Adam
+1 :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Stacy,

Congratulations on your Equinox purchase! As far as your inquiry about the dealership name being attached to your car, the best solution would be to contact them directly with your request. Enjoy your new vehicle when it comes in!

Thanks,
Sarah
GM Customer Assistance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Stacy said:
Right at $30500. I paid 795 extra for the White diamond and another 700 for navi. It's still waiting allocation though. I've never bought a new car and the price freaks me out some :eek: After taxes and trade in it's gonna be 27700. Still scary, but you only live once, right? Come on, tell me right ;D
How did you get WDT; it's not listed as a color option on the 2012 Nox (at least it's not on the Chevy web site which is probably not up to date)?
Would loved to have had it on or 2011 Terrain; it would have been a match for our WDT Enclave-------------- elegant color.
As to the dealership decal I have made them leave it off all of my vehicles for years. I do let them put their license plate holder on the rear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
43sbest said:
How did you get WDT; it's not listed as a color option on the 2012 Nox (at least it's not on the Chevy web site which is probably not up to date)?
Would loved to have had it on or 2011 Terrain; it would have been a match for our WDT Enclave-------------- elegant color.
As to the dealership decal I have made them leave it off all of my vehicles for years. I do let them put their license plate holder on the rear.
It was listed under the build your own as a color option. I also think color is very classy!

Thanks to everyone helping me out about logo...first new car ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
I always tell them to remove it before I sign the final paperwork on every vehicle I've owned. I tell them that if they don't, before I sign, I want a contract written that they'll pay me $1 for every mile I drive with their advertisement and it will be payable upon every oil change.

I haven't gotten that contract written once, but then again, I have haven't had their label on any of my vehicles when I drive off of the lot. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
I wonder why that particular paint isn't available for the Terrain. I think its going to be available for a Denali package in the future. Like the Acadia is...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I told all three GMC dealers that I was working with up front that I did NOT want any of their stickers, etc. on my car. I even told them to keep their license plate frame because I would just throw it out once I got home. Did the same thing when I bought my last new car in 2003. My thought was that if they wanted to pay me $50/month advertising fee, then it was fine. Of course they all deny that they can do that! I explain that if they treat me right I will always be willing to recommend them, but not going to advertise for them 24hrs/day.

In the end, two of the dealers were very understanding. The third one, full of old men whose first words to me when I walked in was "are you alone?", just kind of rolled their eyes at me. Needless to say for many reasons I wrote them off pretty quickly especially when they weren't willing to work with the "little woman" on pricing, etc. :eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Stacy said:
I am factory ordering a Nox and do not want the dealerships name stuck on car, can I ask them to not do this? If so, they will most likely do it anyway saying they forgot, how can they be removed without marring the finish? :facepalm:
Don't take delivery of the vehicle if the dealer has stuck logos, whatever, on the car. Insist that they be removed before you sign the papers. You didn't order the car from the factory with dealer stickers. You don't have to accept them.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top