GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the brightness of the low beams can be changed (reprogrammed) by the dealer.
Anyone know anything about this ?? ?? ??

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'd like to know about this too. I realized a couple nights ago that they were very dim, or at least very mis-aimed. I'll probably start with asking the dealer to re-aim the lights and go from there. Never thought about ECU programming. I was actually starting to consider replacement bulbs or something.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have the LTZ with "upgraded" lights. The high beams are fantastic. The lows are terrible though. I'm hoping it's just the aim.

·
Registered
10,222 Posts
I like when people flash at my low beams on my Maxima. Then, I give them a look at the high beams. Hopefully, it not a cop !

Still waiting on the Nox. I was told it will be built next week. That will be 4 months. I will have the best Equinox ever, if jestation period is any indicator of quality.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think perhaps I should have said - can non LTZ/HID low beams be reprogrammed by dealer to be brighter - as those were the ones I am/was referring to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've got the HID look upgraded lights on my SLT-1. They are actually "Projector" halogen beams and not the HID's. They are a real step up from regular headlamps and I find the low beams more than adequate. You can buy upgarded lamps in aftermarket shops from my experience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My assumption, from what I read elsewhere, is that the ECU can be reprogrammed by the dealer to (again, I assume here) raise the voltage to the low beams, thereby making them brighter. Anyone had any experience with this ??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, did not realize the question was for me. Don't have one at the moment, just a Vette and a Hayabusa, but want one and have been trying to find out all I could before actually purchasing one. So far think a LT2 with the V6 with FWD would fit my requirements.

Yes, just saw your last post about Edmunds, that is probably where I saw it and could not remember where or which forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Islander said:
I've got the HID look upgraded lights on my SLT-1. They are actually "Projector" halogen beams and not the HID's. They are a real step up from regular headlamps and I find the low beams more than adequate. You can buy upgarded lamps in aftermarket shops from my experience.
Exactly, they are not true HID's. No ballasts, etc. They have the projector, but uses a halogen bulb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah the projector lamps are a great step up, but surprised they didn't offer a HID option, at least on the top trim levels. i would really like to have HIDs and afraid of warranty issues with an aftermarket setup. but would be interested in hearing of anyone here getting the reprogramming done and if it's effective. i wonder if they'd also disconnect the DRL relay (or whatever it is) if asked.... :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Back to Steve A's question. Has anyone had the BCM Reprogram 2340555 done to their Equinox or Terrain? It's been very foggy in my area lately and I've really noticed how dim the low beams really are. I don't believe it is an aiming issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok, stupid question here... ???

I'm sort of confused about how many different headlight combinations are possible. What I understand now, is you could have projector or non-projector lenses, and HID or non-HID bulbs...so a total of 4 combinations? Is that right?

When I got my wheels, my sales guy said that I had the 'upgraded headlights', and I assumed that he was just talking about the LTZ projector lights, but I guess I don't know for sure. In any case, they are the brightest I have ever used and I'm quite happy with those. I guess I would like to know, maybe it's on my window sticker?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yep, non projector, I think it's just a halogen H11 bulb. (If it's halogen at all)??

·
Registered
137 Posts
SnowItch do you think it's a halogen bulb? Possibly I should try that first, eh?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm going to stop by my dealer on the way home from work today to see what they may advise. Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Evidently there is an issue with headlamps or the BCM being set too low. My Dealer reprogramed the BCM to the latest available software. Document ID: 2340555, PIT4920.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really haven't driven it in the dark yet. But I did notice that after the BCM update that my cruise control isn't working now. I've got another appt with the dealer on Thursday now. Oh My:(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts