GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered the dealer installed $3600 19 inch chrome wheel package when ordering thier 4cyl 2011 Terrain? How are they? What happens to the set of wheels and tires that are shipped on the Terrain after the dealer installls them? Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I didn't order them but my test drive model had them. They look nice but give a VERY rough ride. If you order them with the car those will be your only set. They just add the cost to your purchase price. If you already have the vehicle and order then you keep both set. IMO not worth the money.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Phantm006 said:
I didn't order them but my test drive model had them. They look nice but give a VERY rough ride. If you order them with the car those will be your only set. They just add the cost to your purchase price. If you already have the vehicle and order then you keep both set. IMO not worth the money.

x2 For $3600 a set, you can get aftermarket wheel from a Brand CO. You'll have more choices, better prices, maybe even get a bigger size like 20s or a fifth wheel for a spare...LOL if it will fit in the compartment. Best of all is IT WONT LOOK LIKE ONE FROM THE DEALER. IMHO Keep us posted bud. :cheers: :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally got my 2011 Terrain SLT1 with the $3600 19 inch Chrome wheel Dealer Installed package. I think they look absolutely fantastic! I have not seen another Terrain with them on here in Michigan! I think the ride is still great and not hard at all. GMC does a great job with a smooth tuned suspension! These low profile 50 Series Bridgestone Alenza tires make the Terrain handle fantstic! I think this tire and chrome wheel package is better than the chrome wheels that come on the V6 Terrain. I ordered the 4 Cylnder AWD. Very happy. I will sell the original 18 inch tire and wheel set to cover the cost. They only have 7 miles on them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
My 17" chrome wheel package total cost under 100.00
Which probably explains why the "GMC" logo on the front is askew and the one on the rear is upside down... ;D ;D ;D

But hey...no need to impress the neighbors...right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I hope they gave you a credit for the wheels & tires that they took off of your vehicle. $3600.00 is a little steep, I'd definitely look at some aftermarket wheels before I sprung for those.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
MOCHANOX said:
Which probably explains why the "GMC" logo on the front is askew and the one on the rear is upside down... ;D ;D ;D

Pretty **** hard to get those logos lined up maybe you go out and rotate your tires to impress your neighbors every night..... Maybe the nav system in your vehicle tells you when to stop so your logos are lined up

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Pretty **** hard to get those logos lined up maybe you go out and rotate your tires to impress your neighbors every night..... Maybe the nav system in your vehicle tells you when to stop so your logos are lined up
Bet if they were Eagle..Globe..and Anchor emblems...they would be lined up perfectly...MARINE... :D

·
Registered
978 Posts
IceMan said:
Bet if they were Eagle..Globe..and Anchor emblems...they would be lined up perfectly...MARINE... :D
:clap: :hilarious:

·
Registered
39 Posts
vette70cdg said:
Well I finally got my 2011 Terrain SLT1 with the $3600 19 inch Chrome wheel Dealer Installed package. I think they look absolutely fantastic! I have not seen another Terrain with them on here in Michigan! I think the ride is still great and not hard at all. GMC does a great job with a smooth tuned suspension! These low profile 50 Series Bridgestone Alenza tires make the Terrain handle fantstic! I think this tire and chrome wheel package is better than the chrome wheels that come on the V6 Terrain. I ordered the 4 Cylnder AWD. Very happy. I will sell the original 18 inch tire and wheel set to cover the cost. They only have 7 miles on them.

Congratulations on your new "shoes"!! I put OEM 19" chrome on my 2011 Equinox. They came with the 17" and after seeing another Nox with the 19" i really like the look as well! I see no difference in the ride or handling and have the lower profile Michelins. I put out the expense after purchasing and was hoping to get much more for my original wheel/tire package that had only 7K on them. Alas, sold on Craigslist for $400 for all. Good luck with the sale of the original wheels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade!

New wheels and some system upgrades will come for me in a month. I was planning on powdercoating the 18" wheels black to match the car, but I might go aftermarket.

·
Registered
71 Posts
MOCHANOX said:

maybe he had to drive through some snow and got the wheels to spin ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was told at the dealer the $3900 price actually gets credited and is realistically only ~300 more dollars.

I still opted out as I wanted black. But yeah the stock are not even close to being worth a grand a wheel.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
equiNOX said:
maybe he had to drive through some snow and got the wheels to spin ;)
GUESS no one has ever heard that your wheels travel at different distance....
like when one goes around a bend etc...

·
Registered
71 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
GUESS no one has ever heard that your wheels travel at different distance....
like when one goes around a bend etc...
never heard of that! but that makes sense....inside wheels travel shorter distances around turns

1 - 18 of 18 Posts