GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I complained to my dealer when I picked up the car, and he said he would try to get some type of concession for the 4 1/2 month that I waited for delivery. Low and behold, after a month he said GM would go for a Smart Care package and the service mgr would explain the details. I talked to the service mgr., and he said GM would give me free oil/lube and tire rotation for 1 yr/12,000 miles. I said BFD, that would probably be one or two oil changes, no lube needed, and a tire rotation, maybe ! I suppose it was "free", but I was hoping for 5-yr coverage or better. When I complained, he said he would push back at GM and see if they could extend it. I imagine they'll come back with free battery fluid, and power steering fluid (I have the electric steering !) for the lfe of the vehicle !

Sorry for the rant !

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey, careful there... I paid for what you're getting as a gift! :D

I took a discounted extended plan but I still had to shell out real money. I hope you get the extended one you are requesting.

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't say that the dealer screwed me. It wasn't their fault that the vehicle took so long, and the dealer then when back to GM Zone Office to see what they could get. I feel the dealer went to bat for me, and it was GM that was stingy with their concession offer. I asked for it when I was picking up the vehicle and didn't have a strong bargaining position, but I felt that GM could have won a lot of goodwill by giving away a few years of free maintenance. Heck, oil changes don't cost GM an arm and a leg - just a finger - in this case, they gave me the middle one !

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually did get a gift. I think this dealership always has something on the go.
2 years ago my wife bought an 08 Uplander and they threw in a free portable DVD player.
This year, (My first ever Chevy) 2010 Black Nox I was trying to find one with the Blue-Tooth pkg, (law in Ontario).
So the dealer was trying to find me one. The closest was in Halfax! So as the week went by what started out to be 5 on the lot on the Saturday Dec 17, by Wednesday Dec 21 there were only 2 Nox left. So rather than wait 6 to 8 weeks settled for the lower one and they threw in a Blue Ant. I Don't talk too much on the phone while driving.
Could have signed up for the Onstar phone but too over-priced. The wife has it and sometimes it's more of a pain to try to get the thing to dial what you say. It's almost comical to see her argue with the thing.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Doogr, At first I thought the OnStar phone was unnecessary because I have the Blue tooth package. However, I learned that with Blue tooth, if you want to dial out, you still have to handle the cell phone. With OnStar you can just talk it into dialing. Like your wife, I do have to yell at it about once every 5 calls but I still like it. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
jer said:
Doogr, At first I thought the OnStar phone was unnecessary because I have the Blue tooth package. However, I learned that with Blue tooth, if you want to dial out, you still have to handle the cell phone. With OnStar you can just talk it into dialing. Like your wife, I do have to yell at it about once every 5 calls but I still like it. :D
You can dial out with voice on bluetooth if your cell phone has voicedial.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmmm, good to know. I better read the Sprint LG book again! Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts