GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there supposed to be any light on the dash notifying me that my daytime running lights are on? I have had my 2012 Equinox 1LT for 4 weeks now and thought I saw a green light on my dash during the day that represented my daytime running lightas being on. I noticed today that there was no such light on the dash showing this. Is this correct or am I just getting confused with all the different green lights that appear on the dash.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Probably getting confused. There is one if you have the fog lights on but can't think of any with the normal daytime lights on. I think during the day the only lights I have are the Cruise Control (in white because I leave it "on" when not in use"), x1000, and then MPH. At night I then have a headlight in the Tach display and I think the Fog comes up in the Speedo area.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
I would be happy to look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

No need to 'look into' it - wkeatonjr already posted the correct answer.
DRL's are mandated, no need to request VIN numbers.
Perhaps you could conduct your own due diligence before posting frivolously.[/color]

·
Registered
749 Posts
POLRCUB said:
Perhaps you could conduct your own due diligence before posting frivolously.[/color]
Im sorry but was that ^^^ really necessary?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Im sorry but was that ^^^ really necessary?
I believe it was,
Show me at least 10 links where Chevrolet Customer Service has actually helped someone in 1015 posts.
Show me the link where the rep has posted their credentials.

To intravene in a positive way, more often then not, produces results. Believe it or not.
The members on this Forum that have or have had minor to major issues with their vehicles, deserve better.
I believe GM over the years has improved on Quality Assurance instead on quantity, but as I remind you - that's just my humble opinion.

As was yours, and I appreciate your comment you have made.

Happy motoring [/color]

·
Registered
194 Posts
POLRCUB said:
I believe it was,
Show me at least 10 links where Chevrolet Customer Service has actually helped someone in 1015 posts.
Show me the link where the rep has posted their credentials.

To intravene in a positive way, more often then not, produces results. Believe it or not.
The members on this Forum that have or have had minor to major issues with their vehicles, deserve better.
I believe GM over the years has improved on Quality Assurance instead on quantity, but as I remind you - that's just my humble opinion.

As was yours, and I appreciate your comment you have made.

Happy motoring [/color]
Big+1

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:

Tricia, thanks for offering to look into my question, but it turns out that there is no icon for daytime running lights on the dash.

·
Registered
673 Posts
POLRCUB said:

:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NODES said:
My question was about dash icon for daytime running lights, not if they are mandated. Try and understand the question first before you attempt to belittle others who are here to learn and not to be insulted.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NODES said:
I was popping eyes at the now... grown up Polar Bear :)

was not here to offend anyone.
Sorry, NODES, my comments were not directed at you. My sincere apologies.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Glad that's cleared up, my apologies as well for the confusion,,, moving on,,,, :)[/color]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just joined and because I just picked up my new Equinox and noticed no indicator light showing. After some playing around i found where it shows the DRL is on. It is on the information screen behind the steering wheel. If you turn the left stalk so it is off auto and then back to auto, a message comes on the info screen saying daytime running lights on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts