GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well THAT wasn't pleasant! Looks like the database bit the dust HARD! I've got things repaired now, but I had to basically do a full reinstall of the forum application to get back online. I'll do my best to get the correct files put back on ASAP. My deepest apologies for the outage!

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Any idea how to get my start-up screen to like like it used to with the list to the right showing newest to oldest posts, listed vertically ?

THX - and great job !

Rit

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rit, yes. Those are all the customizations and code changes I made from the default templates. I'm trying to find my backups, figure out which files need replacing and moving them over one by one. I've already gotten a few so the homepage should be fixed now. More changes are coming...

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
admin said:
Rit, yes. Those are all the customizations and code changes I made from the default templates. I'm trying to find my backups, figure out which files need replacing and moving them over one by one. I've already gotten a few so the homepage should be fixed now. More changes are coming...
Looks like the good old days now. THX

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks for getting it back up and running! :cheers:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah I was locked out for a few days, ERROR page would come up advising me to contact you. Unfortunately the error prevented it. Looks like the fix sucked in some Asian and European types. My Mandarin and Czeck dialects ain't too good.....LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
retired said:
Yeah I was locked out for a few days, ERROR page would come up advising me to contact you. Unfortunately the error prevented it. Looks like the fix sucked in some Asian and European types. My Mandarin and Czeck dialects ain't too good.....LOL
If you have some time, copy some of the text into Google translate. I may be able to understand Japanese by the time this is resolved!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Maybe it was hacked by 'The Other Equinox' website. LOL

I tried it the other day, not near as good as this one is.

Glad to have you back

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
yeah- I tried to contact admin thru here-- no luck.

Had to go contact 'Sailfish' on the Enclave forum- as she has contact with the admins....

and here we are...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks rbarrios, you saved the day! sailfish found me and let me know what was happening. As for the spam, resetting the forum also reset most of the add on packages, including all the anti-spam efforts we put in place. I'm restoring them one at a time, but most have to be manually installed so it's a slow process. I'll clean up the spammers as I find them.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
admin said:
Thanks rbarrios, you saved the day! sailfish found me and let me know what was happening. As for the spam, resetting the forum also reset most of the add on packages, including all the anti-spam efforts we put in place. I'm restoring them one at a time, but most have to be manually installed so it's a slow process. I'll clean up the spammers as I find them.
Know what you're goining thru. When our parent company got rid of us we had to take ownership of our network & mail server, we did the changeover on a Sat, everything looked ok. Came in on Mon mail server was locked with spam. Dumba$$ mail programs default was to allow everything through.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts