GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive an 06 equinox. 225k on it. Honestly theres alot of things wrong with it at this point. Need to replace the front hubs and control arms i think, abs light is illuminated as well as no traction control. Then we noticed the issue with the temp gauge when we hit bumps and only does it when the check engine light is illuminated and it isnt always illuminated. I checked for some codes and got
a coolant overtemp protection mode active with history under it and its listed again with confirmed under it.. ECT sensor 1 circuit that says INTERMITTENT under under it. And one that reads air conditioner clutch relay control circuit with history under it....i dont really know how to interpret all that if you cant tell. Actually i dont know much at all except that taking it into a shop is not an option since the corona virus has drained my funds. Im just hoping i can tackle whatever the issue is by myself, wouldnt consider myself a "car guy" but i did manage to do some front end repairs on my last silverado when i had no choice but to figure it all out myself so im not completely worthless as a DIY mechanic at least haha

·
Registered
559 Posts
If connection looks good don't hesitate to replace the sensor. They can be intermittent.
Any overheat code will disable the A/C from working.
Scan for ABS codes will tell you which wheel sensor is bad as that is the most common issue for the ABS light. Traction control disables with any ABS code.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts