GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015SLE 109K miles. Had it into the GMC dealer 6x in the last 6 months, last time 2 weeks ago for mushrooming issue that started with "service stabilitrack" about 6 mos ago. Now about every warning light on the dash is lit up including that one. Previous 5 times into the dealership, after days in the shop, we were told they could'nt find anything and the car didn't do anything while they had it. Fast forward, kept having issues and returned to the dealership until the following lights were on service Stabilitrak, service power steering, service tire pressure monitoring system, check engine light is on. Several times the care has lost acceleration while driving when all these lights come on. If we stop and turn the car off for a few minutes, all the lights go off and we can resume motoring, for a short period of time. The car now sits in my driveway and I'm reluctant to drive it at all as at least twice when this has happened, we have barely missed being hit when we lost power.

When we had the car back to the dealership two weeks ago, they finally got readings when they scanned the car and got 10 error codes. Kept the car for another 8 days, we got it back and on the way home from the dealership, which is 26 miles from our home, the cruise control would not come on, the tire pressure monitoring warning light came on and the dash lights went dim, then all the lights came back on.... Please help if you have any advice... PS. The dealership replaced the "brain" 6 months ago and one of the sensors in one of the tires 2 weeks ago...

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 179k miles
4,606 Posts
Which engine? What codes? Buy this vehicle new or used?

How old is your battery (a 2015 probably needed a new battery in 2018-2019 and is probably getting close to needing a 2nd replacement. Weak batteries can cause all kinds of unrelated “problems” to appear simultaneously.)

Stabilitrak warnings are probably due to a misbehaving Wheel Speed Sensor or cracked Encoder Ring on the backside of a Wheel Hub. If you could post the Codes you’d have a better idea which wheel it is ($80 for a Code Reader might be a good investment).

Throttle Body issues can cause “Reduced Propulsion”, but again ... need to start with the Codes. If you could swing by a local Parts Store (Advance, Autozone, O’Reillys), they could read the Codes for you, and you could post them back here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which engine? What codes? Buy this vehicle new or used?

How old is your battery (a 2015 probably needed a new battery in 2018-2019 and is probably getting close to needing a 2nd replacement. Weak batteries can cause all kinds of unrelated “problems” to appear simultaneously.)

Stabilitrak warnings are probably due to a misbehaving Wheel Speed Sensor or cracked Encoder Ring on the backside of a Wheel Hub. If you could post the Codes you’d have a better idea which wheel it is ($80 for a Code Reader might be a good investment).

Throttle Body issues can cause “Reduced Propulsion”, but again ... need to start with the Codes. If you could swing by a local Parts Store (Advance, Autozone, O’Reillys), they could read the Codes for you, and you could post them back here.

!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for responding Colt. I will get to the parts store and have it checked out, unfortunately, I didn't get all the codes from the GMC dealership last time it was in. Bought the car used, have had it 5 years and replaced the battery once already.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Could till be battery.
Had something similar, [not quite so many warning lights] Replaced five year old battery & some lights [ASB, the skidding car], came up afterwards, until did a decent run [50 miles], & since then, no light show. I believe the ASB light will come if there is a voltage drop.
Maybe get your battery checked out?
LW4T

·
Registered
210 Posts
With the number of random systems alerting, this absolutely seems to be electrical in nature. Bad battery, bad grounds, chewed/damaged wiring harness, or a failing ECM/BCM. With your statement of the “brain” was already replaced, that most likely removes the ECM/BCM from the list. With lights dimming and random things acting up, I would for sure be putting more effort into the battery, cables, and grounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2015SLE 109K miles. Had it into the GMC dealer 6x in the last 6 months, last time 2 weeks ago for mushrooming issue that started with "service stabilitrack" about 6 mos ago. Now about every warning light on the dash is lit up including that one. Previous 5 times into the dealership, after days in the shop, we were told they could'nt find anything and the car didn't do anything while they had it. Fast forward, kept having issues and returned to the dealership until the following lights were on service Stabilitrak, service power steering, service tire pressure monitoring system, check engine light is on. Several times the care has lost acceleration while driving when all these lights come on. If we stop and turn the car off for a few minutes, all the lights go off and we can resume motoring, for a short period of time. The car now sits in my driveway and I'm reluctant to drive it at all as at least twice when this has happened, we have barely missed being hit when we lost power.

When we had the car back to the dealership two weeks ago, they finally got readings when they scanned the car and got 10 error codes. Kept the car for another 8 days, we got it back and on the way home from the dealership, which is 26 miles from our home, the cruise control would not come on, the tire pressure monitoring warning light came on and the dash lights went dim, then all the lights came back on.... Please help if you have any advice... PS. The dealership replaced the "brain" 6 months ago and one of the sensors in one of the tires 2 weeks ago...

Ok. Got the error codes. Current and history. Will attach a pic of the list as it's lengthy. Had 2 more tire pressure sensors replaced yesterday by a local t I re shop after the GMC dealer service Mgr told us to take the car somewhere else! The service Mgr said he was chasing an intermittent wiring issue and couldn't fix it...

Engine is 2.4L. The battery checked out ok.
Font Material property Paper Paper product Recipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts