GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have dash rattles? I've got a significant one that seems to be coming from around the center of the dash. Annoying in a vehicle this quiet. Hopefully the dealer can find and fix it!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Rockfordnox said:
Anyone else have dash rattles? I've got a significant one that seems to be coming from around the center of the dash. Annoying in a vehicle this quiet. Hopefully the dealer can find and fix it!
I am not sure what could be causing this. Please keep me posted regarding what you find at the dealer. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Use the search box to look for "dash rattle" and you should find 2 or 3 threads about rattles in a few different places in the dash. Each one seems to be a slightly different issue, might give you a few ideas to try.

I have one near the right windshield pillar. Annoys the sh*t out of my husband and I, only happens when the dash gets hot sitting in the sun and lasts for about 5 minutes after the AC runs, which makes me suspect it's something to do with the AC vent itself or something very close to it.

Unfortunately, my dealer service manager would only allow himself to ride along with me to listen for it. He's older and can't hear very well, and couldn't hear the dash noise at all, when I could hear it plain as day. Frustrating. (I kind of felt bad for him that he couldn't hear it, but still very frustrating)

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Sumr616 said:
Unfortunately, my dealer service manager would only allow himself to ride along with me to listen for it. He's older and can't hear very well, and couldn't hear the dash noise at all, when I could hear it plain as day. Frustrating. (I kind of felt bad for him that he couldn't hear it, but still very frustrating)
Or else he has that men's disease know as selective hearing. While it often occurs when a spouse is speaking, it can also kick in when a customer complains about a dash-rattle. I have noticed that many service writers are plagued with it !

I think that most shops don't like to be bothered with rattles, because they are very hard to locate, and their solution is to add a few new ones, and then the customer never returns.

>:D

·
Registered
949 Posts
RIT333 said:
....and then the customer never returns.
HA - well, he took care of that when they damaged a part adjacent to a part that they replaced because they had damaged THAT on the previous service visit. As they fixed something they had previously messed up, they messed up something else, and just chose to not tell me. There goes that, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts