GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a really annoying rattle coming from the dash on my 2010 Equinox. It sounded like a marble rolling around in a wooden cigar box.
After taking all the misc. junk stored in the car out, I finally found it!
I removed the 2 screws holding the top dash bin in and found one of the two dampers that keep the lid opening smoothly fell out. It was rolling around under the bin for about 3 months until I finally tracked it down.
The damper part looks like a bayonet bulb without the bulb. I just put it back in and turned it 90 degrees as it should have been installed originally.

Hope this helps someone. Rattles like this can make you crazy and the dealer usually does not have the inclination or time to find it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is a good find. Interior rattles/squeeks annoy me to no end because its generally caused by a misaligned panel or something not installed correctly as you found. Hopefully I won't have to look as hard as you did if I have a rattle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the tip! I just replied to someone's post who just discovered this rattle. I'll forward him your remedy and I will also investigate the rattle in my car that has been a hinderance for the past 3 months as well. Thanks again for the remedy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts