GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to completely turn off the dash lights, the knob set ccw only dims them ? All other cars I've had enabled me to shut off the lights completely.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Pulling a fuse, but you may lose more than lights. Full counter clockwise is pretty dim. Why do you need it darker?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I am with equinoxff1063 on being able to turn off the dash lights or dim them more.
To me it is a matter of safety . It is easier to see out the windscreen without the glare of the dash lights.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
darkside said:
I am with equinoxff1063 on being able to turn off the dash lights or dim them more.
To me it is a matter of safety . It is easier to see out the windscreen without the glare of the dash lights.
Get a nice pair of those old people sun glasses that go over your own glasses that should darken the lights for you . Doesn't matter that you can see how fast your going ,Hey?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hey fourmoremarine I have been driving long and far enough that I know how fast that I am travelling in a automobile just by visual
cues and I will be within +/- 5 kph. I do not have to sit and stare at the speedo while driving to ensure my speed. Your suggestion for wearing sunglasses while driving at night is not very helpful in fact it would make it more hazardous due to the reduced vision.
P.S I do not need glasses for driving as you assume and yes I have been to an optician.

·
Registered
249 Posts
darkside said:
Hey fourmoremarine I have been driving long and far enough that I know how fast that I am travelling in a automobile just by visual
cues and I will be within +/- 5 kph. I do not have to sit and stare at the speedo while driving to ensure my speed. Your suggestion for wearing sunglasses while driving at night is not very helpful in fact it would make it more hazardous due to the reduced vision.
P.S I do not need glasses for driving as you assume and yes I have been to an optician.
In all fairness, and all jokes aside, studies have shown that a limited amount of ambient light inside the vehicle, makes driving at night much easier on the eyes; therefore, more car manufacturers are adding interior ambient lights. Same goes for any other dark/night activities, like watching TV for example. One thing I will not comment on, is sex, because the need of light is very dependent on the appearance of your partner. At least you can drink with this one :cheers:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
darkside said:
But you have no sense of humor

·
Registered
161 Posts
darkside said:
I agree completely. Just wish they would include the bright lights indicator in the control as it is very glaringly bright. All vehicles I have had as of late have the bright light blue light too bright. However if I dim my dash lights on my 2011 Terrain, they are for all practicle purpose shut off. They cannot be read, they are so dim.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At least I know I don't have a defective vari-switch. It's that sometimes I don't see too well on a dark, unlit, rainy road and it helps me to shut off all ambient light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts