GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I finally got my dash console lid replaced today. Had to wait about 3-4 weeks for it to come in (after they replaced the wrong part earlier!), but the service guy did verify that it was the updated one. Hopefully this one will last longer than the other one!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
NancyR said:
I finally got my dash console lid replaced today. Had to wait about 3-4 weeks for it to come in (after they replaced the wrong part earlier!), but the service guy did verify that it was the updated one. Hopefully this one will last longer than the other one!
Has anyone compared the old and the new to see what changes if any were made?

·
Registered
42 Posts
pacman said:
I did not lay it into the svc guy cause of the design. But because he blows off everything i bring it in for. Like my bumper. They say they cant fix cause it will still stick out on the corner the same way. After getting a closer look at it "myself" i noticed the plastic fastener is broken which requires them to replace the whole bumper. So keep your comments to yourself!
There are some really awesome Service Managers and Techs out there. If it is convenient for you to change dealerships, find one and vote with your wallet. The best Service Manager I ever had worked at a Buick dealership (servicing my GTO). He went to a GMC dealership and I followed.

Currently, I have a small town family owned Chevy dealership and they appreciate my business as well as help me save $ on repairs. Not too far away in another small town is another Chevy dealer. They are owned by one of those multi dealer mutli brand businesses. They have no concern past the sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My compartment lid went out a couple of weeks ago after hanging in there for 3 years.
Took the Terrain in to the dealer and the Service Manager will fix it under a "Goodwill repair(?)"
Seems the R spring broke.
Read an earlier post and see I could have done the repair myself, but since the dealer is handling it, OK by me.

P.S. I too, have a balky (auto) transmission when I step on the gas quickly. Almost got creamed a couple of times because it **** near stalled the engine in an urgent situation. I'll check on the Transmission thread for more info . . .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is also broken. Does not spring up when opening it. I unscrewed it like Mochanox said, and inspected it. The small plastic tabs that hold part of the two springs on snapped, so that the spring has nothing to push against. Looks like a pretty bad design. I can see this failing again after I have it replaced.

2011 Nox 1LT. ~2 months old.
My 2011 Equinox had the same problem and, after following the 2 screw removal routine, I came up with a fix I'd like to share. Keep in mind that this requires some tools: a small 'needle nose type' vise grip plier, a spring type clothes pin, a tube of TAC glue and a small flat head screwdriver. The problem is that the brace for the springs is not substantial enough to perform well over time; a piece of the clothes pin (shaped to fit) inserted in its' place may well solve the problem and last until something else fails in the assembly. A picture is worth a thousand words...

DSCN1993.JPG
DSCN1994.JPG

41 - 45 of 45 Posts