GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much air flow should I be getting out of the air vents on the left and right side of my dash. The ones that are closest to the doors. With my heater on, my center dash vent blast out a great air flow but the side vents produce very little air flow. This is with the heater set for the dash vents and yes all my vents are open. Should I be getting the same air flow as the center vents? I only feel a small air flow coming out of the side vents, it's almost not detectable.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think those are to warm the side windows in case of them being frosted. Might be a lower airflow so it doesn't fog up those windows Mine appear to work the same as yours

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think the answer would be the side vents will get whatever is left of the flow that taken away by the center ones (closest to the blower). Closing up the center ones a tad will allow more to the sides.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
As far as I can recall, every car I've owned is like this..the vents closest to the center of the dash have the strongest airflow. Some more noticeable than others however..

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
jackiek said:
How much air flow should I be getting out of the air vents on the left and right side of my dash. The ones that are closest to the doors. With my heater on, my center dash vent blast out a great air flow but the side vents produce very little air flow. This is with the heater set for the dash vents and yes all my vents are open. Should I be getting the same air flow as the center vents? I only feel a small air flow coming out of the side vents, it's almost not detectable.
I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts