GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought an Equinox since 12-10-2012 and got a discount for customer loyalty? I sure would like to know, I've been buying GM since the 70s, and this might be the end of me buying new. Really would have liked the discount.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you talk about the $500 rebate GM give to loyal customers? It's gone, at least here in Canada.

Really hard to bargain, the best I could get from my dealer is $1000 less from MSRP.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
truckweb said:
Do you talk about the $500 rebate GM give to loyal customers? It's gone, at least here in Canada.

Really hard to bargain, the best I could get from my dealer is $1000 less from MSRP.
Been buying GM for many many years, Loyality Regate was $1000 - at least in my province it was.
Recieved it again when I upgraded to the MY11 Terrain and now yes it's discontinued as far back as last Nov. when I orded the MY12.
At least the Connect and Win was out in Nov. and still is till Jan. 16th I believe. Turned out I recieved more than the 'old' Loyality Rebate! :cheers:[/color]

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not documented - but I was quoted $3000 off due to GM Customer Loyalty and Internet shopping price.... With trade -- Saturn Loyalty and that discount I got $9000 off MSRP.

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
FWIW - I just got a letter from GM that they will bump up my GM Card earnings to $2000 plus there is an extra $500 for GM Loyalty on and Equinox.

·
Registered
196 Posts
RIT333 said:
FWIW - I just got a letter from GM that they will bump up my GM Card earnings to $2000 plus there is an extra $500 for GM Loyalty on and Equinox.
Same here, recieved it yesterday, a $500 bump plus I think $250 more, but it's only good for a limited time beginning 1/04/11.
I used one that got me $1500 off on a purchase before 1/03/11, the program worked as I had no plan to buy !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Is this the "unlisted progam" from GM to past GM owners. The program varies from person to person with month to month. I think last month mine was $500.00, yet my sister's was $1,000.00 and $2,000.00 towards a Cadilac. I hope this program has not gone.

BTW is a MY12 Terrain ? :cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
RIT333 said:
Same here but bump to $3000. But any Equinox/Terrain the dealers have in stock won't deal. I've been told that thay are sold as fast as the come in, so it is a take for the price or leave it. I left. My first new car cost me $2200 (1972) with a trade-in $500, my last one about $17K (2006) with a trade-in ($3500) and the Equinox Terrain that I want is $26-28K. Far too much for a daily driver.

I have to wait until there is a change in DC before I take on more debt.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Old Lar said:
Same here but bump to $3000. But any Equinox/Terrain the dealers have in stock won't deal. I've been told that thay are sold as fast as the come in, so it is a take for the price or leave it. I left. My first new car cost me $2200 (1972) with a trade-in $500, my last one about $17K (2006) with a trade-in ($3500) and the Equinox Terrain that I want is $26-28K. Far too much for a daily driver.

I have to wait until there is a change in DC before I take on more debt.
You're doing something wrong, the GM Card $ has nothing to do with the dealer, same with the GM private offer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My GM card bonus lwas $750 and $250 owner lolyalty on Equirrain. $500 on other models and lastly $1000 on some high end stuff. Wonder what causes difference between 750 and 2000 bonus. Was it a bonus or the net value of your card cash plus the bonus, as my net was over $900.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Terrain2011 said:
My GM card bonus lwas $750 and $250 owner lolyalty on Equirrain. $500 on other modelsm and lastly $1000 on some high end stuff. Wonder what causes difference between 750 and 2000 bonus. Was it a bonus or the net value of your card cash plus the bonus, as my net was over $900.
I think it's based off of multiple factors including when you last used the card to purchase a car. I bought my Terrain on Jan 3 to get 0% financing, $1000 GM Card, and $500 bonus cash. I check my mail on the 4th and there it is, an offer from GM. I looked at it and it gave me $2000 GM Card but only $250 bonus cash. I was ready to call the dealership when I checked online and saw the 0% financing was now either 1.9% or 2.9%. Did some quick math and found out I got the better deal in the long run.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old_Brewer said:
Has anyone bought an Equinox since 12-10-2012 and got a discount for customer loyalty? I sure would like to know, I've been buying GM since the 70s, and this might be the end of me buying new. Really would have liked the discount.
I'm not sure about the loyalty program, but i did get a letter from Chevy that was a "prefered customer" worth $1500.00 off the Nox. Not sure how I got it, we have neveer owned a new Chevy before, b BTW that offer expired on Jan 3rd 2012.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got an offer to push my Gm points to 2000 and i think like a 1000 off if i own a Gm car. Then there was like $250 off if i payed in full or like 3.9 financing.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,820 Posts
I just got the bump in points to $2000 also. But I bought my 2011 1LT V6 Equinox this time last January, so I'm not really looking to buy another new car just yet.

The deal adds another $1000 in Loyalty cash, but only for Avalanche, Corvette, Silverado, Sierra, and all Caddys.

Loyalty cash is only $250 for Equinox, Sonic, Volt, Verano, and Terrain.

Everything else is $500 in Loyalty cash.

Good through February 29th, 2012.

You STILL cannot use GM Earnings to purchase a Volt (or Camaro ZL1).

For Loyalty cash you must prove you own or lease a '99 or newer GM vehicle.

Ad says that "Bonus Earnings can be used above GM Card program limits". HA! I've been a member since '95 and can accrue a maximum of $3500 in Earnings, but I've never been offered "Bonus Earnings" that, when added to my current earnings, exceeded $2000-$2500. I think once your Earnings pass a certain threshold, they stop sending you the "Bonus Earnings" offers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts