GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed custom LED lighting on my 11 Terrain. LED dome lights all the way back and LED lighting under the dash and rear seats. I will have pics this evening after the sun goes down.

·
Registered
35 Posts
in for pics

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do apologize the pics came out really bad. I promise the interior looks a lot better than what the pics show. The first pic is from the drivers side door, second is from the back door showing under the drivers seat and the last pic is from the trunk trying to show back to front. All lights work with the auto dimming feature of the Terrain.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looks awesome! :thumb: Can you share information on where you got them from? What other colors are there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually purchased the waterproof 20 inch LED light bars off ebay. The lights come from Hong Kong and I won two LEDs for $.99 and the shipping costs $9. So all in all the four light bars cost $ 20. Then I hit up a salvage yard and got the courtesy lamp connectors for free. Just wired the LED into the existing factory wiring and vuala. The LEDs fade in and out just like the factory lights.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You mind explaining in more detail? I would love to do this to my terrain, but my wiring skills are null lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is doable even if you have factory installed lighting. Take out the glove box and you will see a little gray connector with a black wire and a white wire. You can either get your hands on the factory connector out of a wrecked Terrain or not. I spliced 4 feet of wire into my connector and ran that wire along the kick panel and attached it under the passenger and drivers seats to light up the rear passengers feet. If you need more help let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
v-leds.com also sells a 194 wedge adapter to wire strip leds into. This makes it plug and play, as you can just plug the adapter into courtesy light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! I have a 12 Nox (Just bought yesterday :D), will have to order some lights! Any warranty implications if you splice the wires instead of getting the connector?

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Chiss22 said:
Awesome! I have a 12 Nox (Just bought yesterday :D), will have to order some lights! Any warranty implications if you splice the wires instead of getting the connector?
Congrats on the new Nox. The only warranty concern would be it the circuit that you are splicing into fails, then you probably would not be covered under warranty, depending on the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts