GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a Custom Brake Light Decal from www.custombrakelights.com for our Terrain.
Shipping was quick and nicely packaged.

Installation was a snap, remove the backing and line it up over your brake light.
I started from the middle top and worked my way across and down.
I got rid of any little air pockets by poking a small hole and smoothing it out.
IMHO, do NOT try to wipe a large bubble that's near the middle of the decal out the side, you'll end up stretching the decal.
Use a fine tipped needle, poke a tiny hole and smooth it out.

Slowly peel off the plastic and the decal stays firmly fixed over the brake light.
We like the way it looks and I've attached a couple pics.
Thanks again to www.custombrakelights.com for letting us be the "test" for the Terrain decal!

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
That looks awesome! Looks like you bought the vehicle that way. I can't wait to put mine on :).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks very sharp indeed. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Checked out the link for our Nox but thy only show it being available thru 2009 not 2010

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TerryG said:
Checked out the link for our Nox but thy only show it being available thru 2009 not 2010
They sent me one for an Equinox as well so I presume it's for a 2010.
You may want to contact them and ask, maybe they haven't updated their site yet?

·
Registered
91 Posts
gearhead said:
They sent me one for an Equinox as well so I presume it's for a 2010.
You may want to contact them and ask, maybe they haven't updated their site yet?
That's what I did - they do have 2010 and custom overlays as well - haven't got mine yet, but can't wait. Will post a pic once I get it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,

I came on this site to get help for the SRX and somehow it all turned into a group of sites.... regardless....
What I did was mail out some 3rd brake light overlays for the Terrain and Equinox and only got pics of the Terrain so far.... that is why the site hasn't been updated with the Equinox yet....

As soon as I get Equinox pics they will be on the site.
That should be on there soon.[/color]

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
I was one of his test cases for the 2010 Equinox and I will say that they are QUALITY products. Look very nice.

As far as not having pictures on the their Site, they look just like the 2009 and earlier. Don't hesitate to buy from this vendor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
RIT333 said:
I was one of his test cases for the 2010 Equinox and I will say that they are QUALITY products. Look very nice.

As far as not having pictures on the their Site, they look just like the 2009 and earlier. Don't hesitate to buy from this vendor.
Maybe you could post a pic or two (for him and us)?

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
I have been trying pictures, and the red leds showing thru the brake light tend to bleed in my pictures, but, quite frankly, in person, it looks like his website pictures for the Terrain and 2009 Equinox.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RIT333 said:
I have been trying pictures, and the red leds showing thru the brake light tend to bleed in my pictures, but, quite frankly, in person, it looks like his website pictures for the Terrain and 2009 Equinox.
Try changing the exposure setting to manual, if you have that capability on your camera.
I had to play around a little and must have taken 25+ shots to get 3 or 4 that were decent.
Try moving a little off-centre, left and right, crouched down pointing up, flash, no flash, etc.
Just some ideas.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have an Equinox 3rd brake light decal from www.custombrakelights.com as well.
I will take a picture of it and post it today or tomorrow.

I can mail it to an active member here on the forums that has a digital camera.
The member should have at least 20 posts and should be willing to install it on their Equinox, take some quality pictures of it installed, then e-mail the pictures to Custom Brake Lights for possible use on their site.

I had to take at least 25 pictures to get a decent one, so a little time is required.

I am in no way affiliated with Custom Brake Lights, but they did use one of the pics I sent them from our Terrain:
http://custombrakelights.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=110_360&products_id=799
8)

So watch for a picture of the Equinox decal and more info later today or tomorrow if you are interested!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!!!! ALSO WANT BLACKED OUT TAILLIGHTS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I may get one of these. I think it will make the 3rd brake light much cleaner looking. My wife may not agree about doing it, but she'd probably never notice it...especially since it's on the back of the vehicle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts