GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer is trying to find me a Blue LT with the options that I want. Sounds like it is like looking for a needle in a haystack with inventory in our region. Anyway, I got thinking afterwards that I do not recall seeing a 12 volt outlet for my Garmin navigation that sits on the dash. I'm so use to vehicles in the past having 12 volt outlets. My 2019 F-150 does. Anyway, did I miss it? Garmin tells me the current devices come with a USB-C cable for power but from what I can see in the options, I would need another package for USB ports. I'm not handy when it comes to drilling holes in vehicles and running wires.

· Registered
315 Posts
Should be three of them, one below the infotainment screen in the cubbyhole , one at the back of the center console and one in the cargo area. I think mine has optional equipment and has a number of USB ports and I think a 120V AC outlet as well.

· Registered
10,726 Posts
If you have a smart phone, you can use apps like Google maps, and have the screen shown on your cars screen. Just like having nav without the expense, and you get free updates.

· Registered
2018 Equinox Premier AWD 2.0
1,032 Posts
My 2018 Equinox has a 12V outlet, what we used to call a cigarette lighter plug in the little cubby in front of the shifter.
The Garmin can plug into that.

· Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a picture of my car at the other dealer's website and I think I see it. Looks like there is a square plastic cover covering it. This vehicle has the USB port options where the base LT with no extras on my dealer's lot did not. Crisis avoided. I could see where manufacturers would drop something like that just as the good ol CD players. Man I still miss those. Thanks guys.

· Registered
3,122 Posts
I could see where manufacturers would drop something like that just as the good ol CD players. Man I still miss those.
My 2014 LTZ Equinox has a factory CD player.
Should be one laying around in a wrecking yard somewhere.
Get the factory bezel and brackets with it and it will slip right in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts