GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Prepping for a road trip with our 2012 Equinox, and we're tossing around the idea of getting come crossbars and a roof-top cargo carrier.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has had any success or epic failures with cross-bars; having never purchased these for a vehicle before there seems to be a great variety of choices. The "Equinox specific" cross-bars are fairly pricey, which is fine if that's the only really good option, but that said there also seems to be a great deal in the 50 - 100 dollar range that look like they might work just fine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Kev

Where are you located ? Maybe I can either rent or sell you a pair of factory cross bars? I am near Albany NY, but heading to Glen Ridge NJ this weekend ?

Interested ?

They are too big to ship.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are over in Ohio, but thanks for the offer!

I have a couple different options I'm looking at today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I might be interested if Kevin is not.

I have just bought my first Equinox, a 2015 with a naked roof.

I too found the new factory equipment to be expensive, and located a 2016 at a junkyard and bought
the luggage rack from that one for $100. Now I need crossbars. I was thinking I'd use what I already
have: Thule crossbars and a Thule rocket box. But the Thule parts to make all this fit will cost me
about $200. So now I'm looking for options.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good afternoon, I am ready to buy crossbars, tell someone sells them? or where can I buy them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts