GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing creaking coming from the two sets of plastic floor panel covers (the ones that move as the back seat is repositioned/folded flat)? If so, what was the fix?

I originally thought it may have been the rear hatch (as it's the power model and I was thinking that maybe it needed a re-adjustment to suck it in more firmly), but when I had the opportunity yesterday to put my 19" wheels on these plastic panels when I folded the seats down (switched to snows -- long story), it virtually eliminated the noise. But obviously, it's not practical to drive around with all that weight all the time...

·
Registered
365 Posts
My flip up cargo organizer does that on my Vue. Give it a nice wipedown with armorall. It should take care of it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
They likely arent snapped in all the way. Push on the pivot point of them to try and get them to seat properly. It takes A LOT of effort to get them to snap in but youll get it. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
I get a little creaking from the rear bench on rougher highway sometimes that is annoying. If I reach back and put hand pressure on the bench it stops momentarily until I let go. Also, if I reach back and slide the bench to a new position it stops too (for a short time). It doesn't creak all the time but when it does it is annoying for a brand new vehicle in an otherwise quiet interior.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I did press down on the plastic cover plates behind the seat. They did seem to snap into place when I pressed on them, but that didn't solve my problem.

So... I took it into the dealership today and took the service manager out for a drive. He heard the noise (fortunately). I called this afternoon and was told that they'd been at it for 5 hours without success...so I'm driving an Acadia now :(

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
alaric23,
I am happy to hear you got your vehicle into the dealer and they were able to hear the noise that was bothering you. Please keep me updated on your progress. Thanks! have a great weekend!
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue has been solved. They found that #PIT4994A for the rear latch was rattling. Once they elongated the rear latch holes to adjust the rear latch to the proper position, the noise was gone.

And a quiet ride has (thankfully) returned to my Terrain. So far, no high pitched noise @ 1500 RPMs (knock on wood).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
alaric23,
I am happy to hear you got your vehicle into the dealer and they were able to hear the noise that was bothering you. Please keep me updated on your progress. Thanks! have a great weekend!
Christina
Chevrolet Customer Service
Christina, how about a fix for the glare from the latch on the storage compartment on the dash, above the radio. Some days it is totally blinding...

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
inphoenix said:
Christina, how about a fix for the glare from the latch on the storage compartment on the dash, above the radio. Some days it is totally blinding...
It has been fixed. My 2011 Equinox latch is the same silver as the trim around center stack..rather than shiny chrome. Problem eliminated...!! I'm assumming that they did the same for the Terrain.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
They did. You can go order the part and put it on. IIRC, its $10-15 for it.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Seems like if you complain, while under warranty, they "ought to" replace your front latch with the "safer" coating.

I guess it's worth asking.

·
Registered
365 Posts
bballr4567 said:
They did. You can go order the part and put it on. IIRC, its $10-15 for it.
Will the 2011 have the less shiny part on them or do you have to request it?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
2011s SHOULD come with them. They have been in the parts system for a couple months.

·
Registered
365 Posts
bballr4567 said:
2011s SHOULD come with them. They have been in the parts system for a couple months.
Cool ;D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Fireman- it appears that by the time you dealer gets you a Terrain, you need to know what the 2012 models have for a latch! ;D ( Sorry, I couldn't help it-- I AM very sympathetic with your situation.. I do hope it gets resolved today. Ron

·
Registered
749 Posts
Does anyone know how/who I can contact to get a replacement latch for the storage compartment? Sun shines very brightly in Augusta...

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
RSchleder said:
Fireman- it appears that by the time you dealer gets you a Terrain, you need to know what the 2012 models have for a latch! ;D ( Sorry, I couldn't help it-- I AM very sympathetic with your situation.. I do hope it gets resolved today. Ron
LOL..now that is funny! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts