GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Cracking noise 2020 GMC Terrain SLT

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  repairman54 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2020 GMC Terrain in October. Soon after, I noticed a creaking or cracking noise underneath the vehicle when I turn the steering wheel, or brake. Sounds like it's the under carriage of the vehicle. I took it back to dealership & they said they did not hear a thing. However, when I picked it up, I heard it right away...I didn't even get out of parking lot. I have to schedule an appointment to have them look at it once again, but in meantime I'm curious if anyone might have experienced this as well, or if anyone has any idea what this could be...especially when it started when Terrain only had 5k miles on it. Thanks!

#2 ·
wvcharm, did you find out what your noise was? My parents have purchased a 2020 Terrain and have a similar noise that only happens sometimes when it gets up to 40-60 MPH. Its a clicking humming noise. We recorded it but the dealer never hears it and says they can't do anything based on our recording. My folks are at their wits end (almost ready to let the lawyers sort it out.)

#5 ·
Are there crossbars on the roof rack. If so trying moving them back / forth or removing them as a test as they can make some weird noises from wind at the higher speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.