GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious on our 2011 2.4l Nox - what is the coolant temp suppose to be when warmed up? Just curious. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
Surprisingly, it has a 180F T-stat. So thats what it should be, although it surprises me that it is not 190 to 200F like most other 4 cylinders for better emissions and economy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I notice that the temp gauage only goes up to the 2nd line or so. Usually all of our chevy's the gauge goes to the half way mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
315 Posts
2011LT2 said:
Surprisingly, it has a 180F T-stat. So thats what it should be, although it surprises me that it is not 190 to 200F like most other 4 cylinders for better emissions and economy.
Most other 4 cylinders are not gDI either :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I was mistaken, the temp gauge goes to the 3rd mark on the gauge. I hooked my auto scan tool and she warms right up to 180. Stayed almost right on 180 - a few times went to 181 and once to 183, but it is hot out :) So looks good to me! Thanks for the info on what the temp should be :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,486 Posts
iafirebuff said:
OK, I was mistaken, the temp gauge goes to the 3rd mark on the gauge. I hooked my auto scan tool and she warms right up to 180. Stayed almost right on 180 - a few times went to 181 and once to 183, but it is hot out :) So looks good to me! Thanks for the info on what the temp should be :)
Interesting - probably explains why the heater seems a bit under-capacity compared to what I am used to. Oh well, hopefully, running an engine at 180 vs 195 will make it last longer, right ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We never had any issues with the heat or defrost this past winter (in Iowa). Usually had to turn it down as it gets real hot :) THe A/C is really good in ours too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,081 Posts
wow, im actually surprissed they didnt keep it at 210 like most other engines being used by GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will have to see what our 08 Impala is. I know on all of the other Chevy's we have/had the needle usually went to the middle mark on the gauge. THat is why I was curious :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,486 Posts
iafirebuff said:
We never had any issues with the heat or defrost this past winter (in Iowa). Usually had to turn it down as it gets real hot :) THe A/C is really good in ours too :)
I'm old and cheap, so I like to keep my car interior at 120 degrees, then when I enter my house from my car, my body and clothing will heat my house and I can save on my home-heating bill. LOL
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top