GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Contemplating performance mods...

2K views 38 replies 4 participants last post by  Merlin 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a 2015 terrain slt2 v6 slt2 with 110000 miles. I was wondering if anyone here has installed a trifecta tune and or a magnaflow exhaust on the 3.6. If so I would be interested in your opinion as to the performance gains. Thanks.

#2 ·
I’ve got Magnaflow cat-back, K&N CAI system, and IPF tune on my ‘15 V6. Here are my track results:

#3 ·
…I just crossed 180K miles…I’ve debated having a “going back to stock” sale…my only issue is whoever wants my exhaust would need to be able to trade + cash their stock cat-back…I sold mine. I’ve already got a ‘98 Z28, and I’ve had my deposit down on a C8 for 8 months now, so not sure what I’m going to do with my Nox once the C8 gets here…not really sure I need 3 cars…

#11 ·
Absolutely!...off the line acceleration is vastly improved and every day driving feels like there is more juice. Trans re- mapping improved the shift points as it doesn't want to automatically down shift as much. I'm using 91 octane in my tank which will enable the most out of the tune.

#12 ·
I looked at the magnaflow cat back setup for my 15 Terrain, I hate that saggy diaper muffler lol. They're out of stock at the moment but plan on doing it to mine when available. I have the 3.6 also but haven't found a cold air intake, apparently K&N only makes it for the 4 cyl models and not the V6 Terrains.

#13 · (Edited)
My research indicates the Magnaflow is actually discontinued. However, K&N DOES have a CAI for the V6. Check my model numbers listed above (post #7). I can verify that even though it’s only listed as fitting the ‘10-‘12 3.0 V6 it ALSO fits the ‘13-‘17 V6. I’ve got one on my ‘15!
…also added a pic of the Magnaflow…

Attachments

#32 ·
You're going to have to trust me again on this one…. The 19114 tips will not fit your 2015. I’m attaching a pic of my 2015 stock exhaust. See if that matches yours. The 15148 is what you want for your 2015. However, at this moment, the point is most likely moot because I believe they’re both discontinued…

Attachments

#33 ·
The dual tips are for the Denali and like I said they can be changed out for the round type I have. I'm calling Magnaflow this morning when they open, I was told this weekend that they build per demand on some kits so it might not be discontinued.

#35 ·
Talked with tech support and the #15148 kit is discontinued but the #19114 is not and should be back in stock late August early September. The dual tip outlet he said is for the Denali package and it's possible they can substitute single style tips. He said they could probably cross-reference the tips from the #15148 kit when I'm ready to order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.