GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Did the new Enclave and Traverse get the LGX V6? I know when the new Acadia was first introduced the Enclave and Traverse still we’re getting the old V6.
Just looked it has engine code LFY

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
Did the new Enclave and Traverse get the LGX V6? I know when the new Acadia was first introduced the Enclave and Traverse still we’re getting the old V6.
Just looked it has engine code LFY
Confusing. . . checking on GM authority. . one page says LFY and another the LGX.

Check this one under "Specifications" - - On the main page it says LFY then it says starting in 2018 the Traverse get the LGX ?

EDIT: - - Ahh . . then this page says this - -

·
Registered
1 Posts
i owned a 2018 equinox 1.5 awd lt from new to 45000 miles.i averaged almost 29 mpg for the entire time.i pushed it since it is not a big motor to get to speed and it was adequate.you can switch off awd which i did when the weather was decent(most of the time)to get a few more mpg. i drove it about 70% highway.i traded in for a 2020 equinox awd lt new.
as of today at 7800 miles my trip meter which matches odometer was 26.2 mpg from new.i do not drive this one as hard since it is much faster than the 1.5.it is very fun to drive it hard but mileage drops to low 20s if really flooring it alot like i did with the 1.5 which needed it
.i have not had a problem with either in entire time i owned them.i bought the new one with bigger motor and tow package and have towed maybe a 1000 miles which has also lowered my since new mpg.
if staying at or under 70mph i still can get around 30 mpg but that is no fun.
i have been very happy with both of my equinoxes.
my wife has a 2016 nissan rogue sl loaded and the equinox has a much better ride.she loves her rogue but agrees mine rides much smoother.
my daughter has a 2016 mazda cx5 loaded and the equinox has a better ride.i drive alot and go through alot of cars so i do not get them fully loaded.i got over 6000 off msrp on brand new in feb.2020 on the 2020.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
That is what I was seeing with my '10 Nox, however, with my '18, I see just about exactly the same for hand-calculated MPG, and computer-generated calculations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, just wanted to get some opinions. We have had our 2014 AWD 4cyl for roughly 3 years now and honestly enjoy the car but have a view things that make me want to see if its worth considering a different ride... either other brand or try out the 2018 model year

My main gripes about this car is:
-MPG, we average about 20-22mpg. I remember reading everywhere how good the MPG was on the 4cyl so was excited to get one, ended up getting a AWD which wasnt my first choice and i knew it would effect MPG but dang, didnt think it would be this bad

-Lack of power the engine has. Its almost scary taking it in the mountains on steep climbs.

-Lack of storage space in back hatch.

-Lack of vents in the rear. We have our second child on the way so this would really be nice.

What i love and was honestly the main reason buying was the leg room. Im 6'4" and love how roomy the front is. Also the back has the most legroom ive ever seen for the size of the vehicle.

With all that in mind, does anyone have recommendations of other mid size SUV's i might consider looking at if legroom, power and rear air vents are the biggest priority. I do not have a new car price budget so used would be my option.
I have a 2018 2LT 4 cyl. AWD white NOX with a sunroof. It is a lease, I have had it almost 3 years and have only 8.5K miles 0n it. Most of the time the AWD is off if not needed. Around town I average 23-24 MPG. The best MPG recorded on the "Best MPG in 50 miles" is 39.7MPG. That was for about 2 hrs. on a freeway. I do have vents in the rear. I have plenty of leg room bur I am only 5'8". I have at lest 4" of head room and that's with a sun roof. There is additional storage under the lift up floor panel in the back. The spare tire is under a second lift up panel under that. I am happy with the amount of power from the turbo 4.
Previously I had a 2013 Nox. One of my biggest gripes with the 2018 is that the seat belts are not adjustable B pillar. The seat belt rubs my neck. I found an adjuster the clips on the part of the belt that goes over your belly. A real pain in the a**. The 2013 had a sliding rear seat, the 18 does not but there seems to be plenty of room. I don't have kids. But adults don't seem to have a problem with that.

My main gripes about this car is:
-MPG, we average about 20-22mpg. I remember reading everywhere how good the MPG was on the 4cyl so was excited to get one, ended up getting a AWD which wasnt my first choice and i knew it would effect MPG but dang, didnt think it would be this bad

-Lack of power the engine has. Its almost scary taking it in the mountains on steep climbs.

-Lack of storage space in back hatch.

-Lack of vents in the rear. We have our second child on the way so this would really be nice.

What i love and was honestly the main reason buying was the leg room. Im 6'4" and love how roomy the front is. Also the back has the most legroom ive ever seen for the size of the vehicle.

With all that in mind, does anyone have recommendations of other mid size SUV's i might consider looking at if legroom, power and rear air vents are the biggest priority. I do not have a new car price budget so used would be my option.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just scanned the Q code on my '20 Traverse built 3/20 . Engine is LFY

21 - 27 of 27 Posts