GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering buying a Terrain (I4 SLE-1) and would like some advice. I saw a topic in this forum where people are having issues with the vehicle stalling. Is this a common issue and something I should take into consideration prior to purchasing the Terrain? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well, the Terrains are great vehicles. As you'll see from this forum, there are a number of folks who are having issues with the I4 in the 2011 models, predominantly. Seems to be a relatively small but nonetheless significant number of vehicles affected and GM is believed to be working on finding the cause and a fix but neither has been announced yet. There is one dealership that is testing a 2012 Terrain to see whether it exhibits the issue but that "test" just started about a week ago. The vehicles do of course have the 5/100 warranty...

Sorry but there is no yes or no answer to your question.

By the way, just take a look at the feature differences between the SLE-1 and SLE-2. There are a number of folks who've bought the SLE-1 and then post about upgrading especially the stereo system; that wouldn't be necessary if they'd bought the SLE-2. Just food for thought as they say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts