GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, glad o have found this forum. This is our first post, and my first GMC, after coming from buying strictly Subaru's.

We recently bought the Summit White SLT-2 with everything but the Cargo Package. We LOVE it..love it. We are from outside of Pittsburgh, PA

We have had it for about 3 weeks now, and have taken it on a trip to Cleveland, and Harrisburg, great car for trips

Here is our issue. During the first week, we were using the 5-day forecast feature often when driving. it would take about 3 seconds after saying "Please wait while XM data is downloaded", and it would then display the forecast, every time. Now, it will not update, period. It doesn't matter if we are downtown Pittsburgh, or at our home, where in both places it worked before, right away. Has anyone else had theirs stop working?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome to the forum, gmc_noob, and congrats on the beautiful vehicle!

This 5-day weather forecast issue has been discussed in several threads here, just do a search.
In short, you have to purchase the service from XM Radio.

You were probably just getting a one week demo or something like that.
I know we all get the 90-day satellite radio, but some dealers (or XM themselves) don't activate the 5-day forecast unless you pay for it after the 90 days is up.

Once again, welcome and stop in and share your experiences with us so we can all learn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From the very begining my weather forecast did not work so I call XM and they told me the weather feature is not part of the 3 month trial from the Dealer. It must be added. The cost is $3.99 per month. I told XM to add it to my 3 motth trial and bill for the service. XM told me to pull up the weather feature on my Nav system and keep it on for about 20 minutes while they downloaded the signal. I kept it on that feature for almost 45 minutes and nothing happened. I called XM back and they told me they would shoot me the signal again. This time I kept the feature on for almost an hour and, again, nothing happened. Out of frustration, I called XM and told them to cancel the service. I have no idea why the download did not work. Would love to have the weather feature. Has anyone had a similar experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tried again today to get the signal download with no luck. XM asked me to call my Dealer to see if anyone else had a problem. The Dealer told me that a few people did and it turned out that the radios needed replacing. The Dealer will try the download with XM and, if it does not work, they will order me a new radio. If anyone else is having similar issues, you may want to contact your Dealer to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Between this, the recall, the windshield washer level warning, and who knows how many other design/manufacturing flaws will pop up, I'm not only starting to regret purchasing a first model year vehicle, I'm sorely disappointed in GM's lack of attention to important details before rolling out a new model. And please do not try to sell me on how complex a vehicle is these days, etc. as I'm not buying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
OhioX14 said:
Between this, the recall, the windshield washer level warning, and who knows how many other design/manufacturing flaws will pop up, I'm not only starting to regret purchasing a first model year vehicle, I'm sorely disappointed in GM's lack of attention to important details before rolling out a new model. And please do not try to sell me on how complex a vehicle is these days, etc. as I'm not buying.
You know this recall has been proactivly sent to the NHSTA so they can get the information out. They were no deaths (*cough* toyota *cough*) or investigation made againts GM. I can only say a job well done for a company that is changing their way of doing business.

I, personally, was never mentioned the windshield washer level warning and I don't really need it. The presure is low, just add some since you should be able to know when you car is running low on washer after all these years of using a vehicule.

I wonder why you would buy a GM vehicule if you hate it so much... And I'm unable to see where this is even remotely relevant to the OPs concern about the Infotainment System.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SnowItch said:
During the winter, I clean all of the windows, check the oil, antifreeze and top off the tire pressure and windshield washer fluid every weekend (on all the family cars). If I got a warning, I wouldn't be doing everything I could to help my loved ones be safe in the winter.
I do the same. I go crazy with winshield washer or any fluid on my own car. I just don't rely on any meters, sensors, or computer telling me what needs to be done or checked.

I never had it before, don't really care for it either. My eyes beat a computer hands on everytime :p

Don't get me wrong it's great if we had but isn't a purchase breaker in my case, and I presume not to anybody else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Before you shoot the messenger let me say that I've been a very loyal GM owner for years with multiple Yukon XL's, Tahoe's, and others so this is not my first GM. I've been happy with them all and absolutely thrilled with our '08 Yukon XL and all the improvements made to that new platform. I'm also generally pleased with the overall design of the Terrain even if it is missing some key features such as Homelink, express up windows, auto wipers, and a power passengers seat. Even though I feel those items should be standard on the SLT2 trim level I knew they were missing when I purchased the vehicle. What I do not feel is acceptable, or defendable, are functions that simply do not work on a apparent widespread basis as those should been shaken out before the roll out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts