GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just purchased a 2013 equinox lt with 13000km and just noticed that when I shut off the car the computer makes this weird noise for 5 or so seconds then stops 1 or 2 minutes later does the same and stops. Is this normal? Have any of you heard this before? Sound comes from under the hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our Terrain is 3 weeks old and I hear similar electrical noise under hood when ignition is off. If I open and close a door without key in ignition I can hear a couple of electrical pulses, several seconds later, coming from battery area. Have never had a vehicle make this electrical noise before.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
There is another thread on here about this I think. Is it like a 'ding' sound? Unfortunately I don't think anyone ever posted with what the cause of the sound was.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've heard it before too. Everytime I turn the car off. It's like a long beep for 5-10 seconds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
2013 Nox 2LT & the Family Business Traverse 2014 LTZ both have the higher pitched tone that I believe is being spoken about here.

Question though for each of you posting about the noise - are your exterior lamps on when you hear this noise (the Exit Lighting feature)?

T

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ours often does this. It sounds like a pump which whirrs for a few seconds then stops. This can even happen hours after the car has been parked in the garage.

Our Nox goes in for it's first service tomorrow and I have noted to ask them about it. It does not really concern me, I would just be interested to know what it is.

The main other issue they need to deal with is the fact that when pumping gas we cant get the fuel nozzle to stay in place unless we hold it there. I know a few folks have reported this previously and I think the dealership plans on replacing the filler neck.

Other than that we have been very happy with the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts