GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the vehicle for 4 years and ran up tons of miles on it and not going to the dealer this time, they want BIG bucks!

Gonna do everything myself or take all of my own preferred fluids to a local mechanic, still will be cheaper...

I searched quality products for an hour to change it up from the stock fluids the dealer puts in and I found this for oil and tranny, and other fluids
www.searchforparts.com/oil-change/chevrolet-trucks-2016-equinox-3.6l-3

or should I go with this line of products?
royalpurpledirect.com/royal-purple-5w-30-high-performance-synthetic-motor-oil/

or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
bobby

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
People like Royal purple, but it may just be marketing hype. I would do some research on Bob is the oil guy. BITOG is unbiased.

Reactions: rednox301

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I can't get your first link, "search for parts" to open.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Bobby, you put on "tons of miles" using stock fluids. Why go a different route since that worked well for you in the past?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use AC Delco fluids and parts except for oil, not sure if they even make motor oil. For that I use Pennzoil Platinum full synthetic.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My fleet get full synth. oils. M1 in the engine until 100k miles then it's WM high mileage full synth. oil.
Wix or Fram UItra oil filters. Amalie full synth. Dex VI in the tranny's.
Everything gets serviced by the severe duty maint. sched. . Both my old '09 Malibu and my '99 Yukon went to 190k miles with zero internal engine or trans. problems. Both sold running and saw both of them on the road a year later.
Only AC sensors or electronic parts, box store stuff is junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts