GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife’s command start all of a sudden stopped working. Push the lock button and the car locks push the start button the lights flash as per normal but nothing happens. Has anyone else had this issue and is it something a person can fix at home.
2014 terrain

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
My wife’s command start all of a sudden stopped working. Push the lock button and the car locks push the start button the lights flash as per normal but nothing happens. Has anyone else had this issue and is it something a person can fix at home.
2014 terrain
Do you have a check engine light on?
A DTC in memory will keep the remote start from working.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I 2nd rednox301

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the check engine light is not on. With the key it starts and drives fine.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Have the hood up right before it started? Hood latch secure? Remote start won’t work with hood up either...

I kinda hate that safety feature. After an oil change, I like to start it to check for leaks and it would be so much more convenient to just do it from the remote without having to climb in while I’m still filthy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried the hood a couple times opened and closed it to ensure it’s latched properly, tried the command start same thing lights flashed on but no start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Swap out the CRANK relay with others in your fuse box and give it a try. If it works, buy a new relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swapped the relay #68 out and no difference. But thanks for all the things to check.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Battery in good shape ? Batteries can key start but remote start will drop out if voltage drop is too low. Remote start is very sensitive to voltage and will failsafe to not starting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New battery 2 month ago. It worked since then. Starts good with key. I may unhook it and see if it resets the computer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I unhooked the negative term and counted to 15. Hooked it back up and it works fine. Should always try the simplest thing first. Thanks for everyone’s feed back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts