GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wondering if it would be good to replace the stock intake with a K&N cold air intake (or better/reasonable)?

Would I also need to dyno or flash the ECU?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Hey guys,

Wondering if it would be good to replace the stock intake with a K&N cold air intake (or better/reasonable)?

Would I also need to dyno or flash the ECU?

Thanks in advance!!!
In a word. .. . no. Getting an aftermarket CAI is a waste of $$$.

Just FYI. .. . this comes up so much. You will not get any gain in performance doing this and likely result in contaminating the MAF sensor.
The vehicle already has a CAI. .. and the factory filter is over kill and has more than enough air flow and volume.
In case you want to see. . . here is what search reveals on this forum - - -
equinox forum cold air intake site:www.equinoxforum.net - Google Search

Reactions: LMG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a word. .. . no. Getting an aftermarket CAI is a waste of $$$.

Just FYI. .. . this comes up so much. You will not get any gain in performance doing this and likely result in contaminating the MAF sensor.
The vehicle already has a CAI. .. and the factory filter is over kill and has more than enough air flow and volume.
In case you want to see. . . here is what search reveals on this forum - - -
equinox forum cold air intake site:www.equinoxforum.net - Google Search
Is there a way to increase throttle response time then?

I hate the lag and sometimes the hard shifting when the vehicle can’t decide what gear to use.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Is there a way to increase throttle response time then?

I hate the lag and sometimes the hard shifting when the vehicle can’t decide what gear to use.
Thanks again.
What engine does it have?
In any case. . . there are devices like the Pedal Commander that some like to use that will improve throttle response. It has numerous settings for how much throttle response or even retard a driver would like.
Sometimes, you can find one for less on Ebay or Amazon.

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
Reactions: bigb12359

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had one on a previous car, but i recall i had to clean it and oil it (recharge). From what i have gathered Wix makes a good filter, but i went on Rock Auto and went with the OEM since it had a rebate with it. Just don't buy Fram or off brands on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts