GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I was trying to get help from you guys my car has been sitting for about 3 years due to a blown motor had a motor put in it now it is throwing the u0073 code and will not crank or prime fuel. Also says service powersteering and the rear hatch does not open any help on this would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
'16 Equinox LTZ AWD 3.6
1,627 Posts
Run the code on Engine-Codes.com. It will give you some suggestions on what to check.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 174.6k miles
4,545 Posts
@Thegrass01 : This guy ends up replacing the ECM! Yikes! I hope that's not where you're headed. More likely, because you replaced the engine, that you've got a simple GROUND issue (as this guy checks for right at the beginning of the video), or a missing (or bad) CAN Bus Resistor, or just Module Connector issues.

But watch this video ... because he also does some basic Voltmeter-type checks to rule out issues with the CAN bus itself.

What kind of debugging equipment do you have? Do you have one of those SNAP-ON units like the guy in this video ... because it can query each Module on the Bus, which would obviously be very helpful!

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Thegrass01 : This guy ends up replacing the ECM! Yikes! I hope that's not where you're headed. More likely, because you replaced the engine, that you've got a simple GROUND issue (as this guy checks for right at the beginning of the video), or a missing (or bad) CAN Bus Resistor, or just Module Connector issues.

But watch this video ... because he also does some basic Voltmeter-type checks to rule out issues with the CAN bus itself.

What kind of debugging equipment do you have? Do you have one of those SNAP-ON units like the guy in this video ... because it can query each Module on the Bus, which would obviously be very helpful!

Thank you sorry for not posting but I did find the issue it was a loose ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts