GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clock in my 2010 Terrain (does not have navigation system) looses about 4 to 5 minutes per month. The dealer put a new radio in the car, but this did not fix the problem.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Cooper said:
The clock in my 2010 Terrain (does not have navigation system) looses about 4 to 5 minutes per month. The dealer put a new radio in the car, but this did not fix the problem.
In the time I've owned mine, 6 months, my clock had lost 2 minutes. I just reset it and chalked it up to a coincidence. If yours is losing 5 minutes a MONTH, I'd think the computer needs to be updated or something. Especially since a new radio didn't correct the problem. But that brings up another point, is that programming housed in the radio or in the vehicle computer?

Someone else know - would some kind of bad power connection cause this? Like if somewhere, the connection to the battery would be bad? Or like a power drain somewhere? Any chance you've had problems with your battery at some point?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cooper,

Here’s one thing you can check: since you have a Terrain, your radio may have the auto time adjust feature which should solve your problem. Press "Configure", then "Time and Date", then scroll down to "Auto Time Adjust" and turn it on. Apparently, this feature is only available with the UYZ radio (check the RPO codes on the sticker in your glove box). I would think your replacement radio is also UYZ if you had it originally.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Cooper said:
Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you as well. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information including the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have the exact problem and it drives me crazy. The dealership is going to install a new radio tomorrow but I am skeptical it will work. Any help or insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I have clock problems as well. Mine loses about 4 minutes per hour and the date randomly changes. I called Chevy support and they told me that I needed to "reboot" the computer... remove the key from the ignition and leave the drivers door open for at least 10 minutes. I tried it and it didn't help at all (and the lady at Chevy was probably laughing that she talked me into doing such a silly thing).

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
csgo said:
I know this is an old thread, but I have clock problems as well. Mine loses about 4 minutes per hour and the date randomly changes. I called Chevy support and they told me that I needed to "reboot" the computer... remove the key from the ignition and leave the drivers door open for at least 10 minutes. I tried it and it didn't help at all (and the lady at Chevy was probably laughing that she talked me into doing such a silly thing).
My calendar loses a day or so every once in awhile. Not tough to change the date when I notice it, but pretty odd, though. I guess I should complain, but I am afraid that they will want to keep my car for a few months to observe it happening ! :banghead:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I took the car to the dealer today and told them about the clock problem and that my Bluetooth sometimes doesn't automatically pair. The service writer said there was new software to fix the problem. Here's what they did:

"Performed radio update using USB reprogramming procedure R0759 0.3 0290/6573."

So far (only a few hours) it seems to have fixed the problem. I also noticed that the XM channel to channel volume differences I had noticed seem to be better as well. Fingers crossed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts