GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Click & Clack - The Tappet Bros -Car Talk" Tom Magliozzi Passed Away Age 77.

Tom Magliozzi of the well know NPR Car Talk Show passed away. Tom had Alzhiemers. Anyone who liked cars knows of Tom and his bother Ray. There were as entertaining as they were valuable in helping people with car problems.
I loved listening to whose two guys crack each other up. I got pretty good at imitating Tom's trade mark "Haa-haa-haa" laugh. . . to my wife's chagrin. ;D

A sample Show Clip: http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=357428287&m=357430667

The past two years their radio shows have been re-runs and brother Tom hopes that continues.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/03/360340663/car-talk-co-host-tom-magliozzi-dies-at-77

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/10/31/ap120608124059-f48983164601fce230915f4189b04649d9d34983-s40-c85.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Re: "Click & Clack - The Tappet Bros -Car Talk" Tom Magliozzi Passed Away Age 77.

A classic radio show, and I love the puzzlers. Sad to see him go, but hopefully their show won't.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: "Click & Clack - The Tappet Bros -Car Talk" Tom Magliozzi Passed Away Age 77.

Rit said:
A classic radio show, and I love the puzzlers. Sad to see him go, but hopefully their show won't.
Yeah those puszzlers were great. I liked the end of the show where they would name the people who helped produce the show.

Celebrity Consultants Richard Gere-Oil, Mick Jaguar
Chairman, Federal Lubrication Board Alan Greasepan
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff John Shall-I-Pop-a-Wheelie
Chairman, Math Dept. Horatio Algebra
Chairman of our Southern Literature Department Amos Reid
Chairman, Oral History Dept. Ira Caull
Chairman, Staff Physics Dept. Victor Analysis
Chairman, Underemployment Study Group Art Majors
Chicken Soup Provisioner Kent Hoyt
Chief Accountant Candace B. Rittenoff
Chief Benefactor Myra Chunkle
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Chef Boyar Ubusy

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Has anyone heard it the re-runs are still playing on NPR?

I have not heard any local shows on our local NPR station lately.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

JayTee2014 said:
Has anyone heard it the re-runs are still playing on NPR?

I have not heard any local shows on our local NPR station lately.
They are still on, and FYI, they have been re-runs for the last 2 years, since the Dementia became an issue, however, they have dubbed in some current comments just to make it seem like real-time.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Rit said:
They are still on, and FYI, they have been re-runs for the last 2 years, since the Dementia became an issue, however, they have dubbed in some current comments just to make it seem like real-time.
Thanks. .. maybe they switched times. Yes, the article I posted earlier mentions that they were re=runs the past 2 1/2 years or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts