GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to install stealth bulbs for my blinkers and remove the orange side markers in the headlights and get rid of all that orange. Has anyone done this or is this an aftermarket headlight I have to buy?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
XUOHTX said:
I would love to install stealth bulbs for my blinkers and remove the orange side markers in the headlights and get rid of all that orange. Has anyone done this or is this an aftermarket headlight I have to buy?
now, why would every manufacturer in the world make them amber??? think its a safety concern???

·
Registered
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
now, why would every manufacturer in the world make them amber??? think its a safety concern???
this is coming from the guy that likes his vehicle stock right? ;D

·
Registered
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
No, comming from a guy that would like to know which way another vehicle is coming at me
so if he you see headlights you don't assume he is coming at you since his DRL's are on? :banghead:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fourmoremarine said:
side view???? btw..never assume... makes an ass out of u and me
Yeah, nobody ever puts these on their car. I was the first to think of this and if anyone actually did this they would definitely cause a wreck every time they drove their car at night.

Also, what does it mean "to know which way another vehicle is coming at you" or "side view?" If you see the side view isn't the vehicle passing you? And can't you tell which way a vehicle is coming just by the fact that it is either in front, behind, to your left, or to your right? Where exactly do tiny amber side markers coming in to play here? Maybe you mean when you are about to T-Bone another vehicle, you want to know which is the front and which is the back.

Anyway, anyone know how this can be done?

·
Registered
361 Posts
XUOHTX said:
Also, what does it mean "to know which way another vehicle is coming at you" or "side view?" If you see the side view isn't the vehicle passing you? And can't you tell which way a vehicle is coming just by the fact that it is either in front, behind, to your left, or to your right? Where exactly do tiny amber side markers coming in to play here? Maybe you mean when you are about to T-Bone another vehicle, you want to know which is the front and which is the back.

Anyway, anyone know how this can be done?
he likes to bicker. he likes he vehicle stock.

back on topic please.

I was also thinking of blacking out the lights like they do on the tundra. however to do your mod and mine you have to bake the light and open it up as well as removed the bumper fascia. One other mod that could be done if you open up the light is doing halos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AMG Eric said:
he likes to bicker. he likes he vehicle stock.

back on topic please.

I was also thinking of blacking out the lights like they do on the tundra. however to do your mod and mine you have to bake the light and open it up as well as removed the bumper fascia. One other mod that could be done if you open up the light is doing halos.
I was afraid of this. I really don't want to bake the light. I was going to do this same thing on my 350Z but never got the courage. Yes, Halos would also be done at that point.

Maybe I'll just replace some of the bulbs with stealth bulbs and leds.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
So, after years of research the manufacturs just want to spend some extra money on each vehicle to make them look like a christmas tree with all the different colored lights
Ya I'm all for blacking out your rear reflectors and parking your black vehicle along the side of the road just after a bend so that when the other jerk comes around the bend at above the speed limit he'll be able to clearly "see" the black vehicle sitting in his path...
Just why do 18 wheelers have amber side markers and red side markers? same reason your vehicle should have them...
And no my vehicle isn't completly "stock" but I'd never make "mods" to safety related equipment...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fourmoremarine said:
So, after years of research the manufacturs just want to spend some extra money on each vehicle to make them look like a christmas tree with all the different colored lights
Ya I'm all for blacking out your rear reflectors and parking your black vehicle along the side of the road just after a bend so that when the other jerk comes around the bend at above the speed limit he'll be able to clearly "see" the black vehicle sitting in his path...
Just why do 18 wheelers have amber side markers and red side markers? same reason your vehicle should have them...
And no my vehicle isn't completly "stock" but I'd never make "mods" to safety related equipment...
Looking back at your previous posts I can see that you really bring nothing to this board except sarcastic comments and snide remarks. Instead of derailing every OP and bringing your overall negative attitude, why not post only when you have something useful to say. If you don't like a specific mod being discussed, move on. My question was about how this could be done, not if you liked it. Forums are a great place for people to share knowledge and get answers. The good thing is, I don't have to suffer through your drivel, that is why there is the ignore button.

/Rant

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
XUOHTX said:
Looking back at your previous posts I can see that you really bring nothing to this board except sarcastic comments and snide remarks. Instead of derailing every OP and bringing your overall negative attitude, why not post only when you have something useful to say. If you don't like a specific mod being discussed, move on. My question was about how this could be done, not if you liked it. Forums are a great place for people to share knowledge and get answers. The good thing is, I don't have to suffer through your drivel, that is why there is the ignore button.

/Rant
YOUR POINT?????? Feel free to hit the ignore button yourself Safety is usefull DA

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hey, Fourmoremarine..How many more 'ignored by' have you racked up?!.. ;D

·
Registered
361 Posts
wrusprod said:
Hey, Fourmoremarine..How many more 'ignored by' have you racked up?!.. ;D
pretty soon 2 more. :thumb:

baking the lights are not that bad. i have a few you tube videos of the because we are going to do the black out mod on my buddies tundra. its super common on those trucks to do that mod. i was going to add halos but i cant figure out how to put them on the drl circuit only and put the lows by themselves. i think the halos attract your attn better than drl.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
AMG Eric said:
pretty soon 2 more. :thumb:

baking the lights are not that bad. i have a few you tube videos of the because we are going to do the black out mod on my buddies tundra. its super common on those trucks to do that mod. i was going to add halos but i cant figure out how to put them on the drl circuit only and put the lows by themselves. i think the halos attract your attn better than drl.
pretty soon 2 more got me shaken the manly thing to do...

·
Registered
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
pretty soon 2 more got me shaken the manly thing to do...
it shouldn't have you shaken you just tend to be a negative nancy. while i appreciate your service to this country as i do my nephew's service in the army i prefer not to listen to him if he is constantly negative.

i am sure you are nice guy and a pleasure to be around IRL however reading what you type is just not really argreeable. you yourself brought up the point of you being ignored. having a high post count doesn't somehow make you magically agreeable. this guy is new to the site and the first posts he gets from you are all negative. i have seen you do this many times and i would rather be welcoming like i was welcome by everyone else when i first posted here then just go off and bash their ideas and tell them how they are wrong.

i like this forum because there are a lot of gentlemen on it and they are respectful. you are one of them and let's just try and be more civil.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
AMG Eric said:
it shouldn't have you shaken you just tend to be a negative nancy. while i appreciate your service to this country as i do my nephew's service in the army i prefer not to listen to him if he is constantly negative.

i am sure you are nice guy and a pleasure to be around IRL however reading what you type is just not really argreeable. you yourself brought up the point of you being ignored. having a high post count doesn't somehow make you magically agreeable. this guy is new to the site and the first posts he gets from you are all negative. i have seen you do this many times and i would rather be welcoming like i was welcome by everyone else when i first posted here then just go off and bash their ideas and tell them how they are wrong.

i like this forum because there are a lot of gentlemen on it and they are respectful. you are one of them and let's just try and be more civil.
Your point is well taken, I will try to be more agreeable in the future .The point I was trying to get across to him that the mod appears to be unsafe and maybe even illegal
The amber side markers are put there for a reason...Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Your point is well taken, I will try to be more agreeable in the future .The point I was trying to get across to him that the mod appears to be unsafe and maybe even illegal
The amber side markers are put there for a reason...Just my 2 cents
i concur. however he has to pay the ticket :thumb: ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts