GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're already approved for a loan amount, the OTD price should be

MSRP - Cash Rebate - Addl Disc - Down Pymnt - Trade In + Payoff Amt + TT & L + Dealer Fees - Loan Amt

Or can you work it this way?

Loan Amt + Cash Rebate + Addl Disc + Down Pymnt + Trade In - Payoff Amt - TT & L - Dealer Fees = Your Price

·
Registered
210 Posts
Accountant here. To me, an OTD price is MSRP - Cash Rebate - Addl Disc + TT & L + Dealer Fees = final CASH price, out the door.

Now if you have a trade, and you only pay sales tax on the difference in the car values like in Texas, this would reduce the tax portion so you could include it in the calculation for your final price. Your first way is the way to determine what your loan amount should be. MSRP - Cash Rebate - Addl Disc - Down Pymnt - Trade In + Payoff Amt + TT & L + Dealer Fees = Loan Amt

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IN SC the state tax is a set $300 regardless of price . Great isn't it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wish! Va is a percentage of the sales price. I just bought a new enclosed cargo trailer for $3100.00, the state sales tax was $130.00 paid at DMV when I registered it, plus title and tag fees. :banghead: :thumbdown:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Clarification on OTD Pricing

retired said:
I wish! Va is a percentage of the sales price. I just bought a new enclosed cargo trailer for $3100.00, the state sales tax was $130.00 paid at DMV when I registered it, plus title and tag fees. :banghead: :thumbdown:
Not only that, but tax in VA is paid on full price, not net of any trade in like some states allow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
SCBEARSFAN said:
IN SC the state tax is a set $300 regardless of price . Great isn't it.
Wow...!!!!

here in Los Angeles- its 9% of the price.

the tax on the Nox was about $2400.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts