GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a Terrain to be built..I was wondering if you can get the Chrome Pkg for the SLT-1..and if so whats the cost???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looking at the book of available features, the answer appears to be Nope. Very odd, Chrome Exterior Appearance Package
is standard on SLT-2 and not available on anything else.

KJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can buy the parts like the chrome front grill separately if you want.

The front grill is like $400 bucks though. Little pricey.

I'd expect that as time goes on and more of the Terrain's are out there, you'll see more aftermarket parts available.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea..I see you can order the chrome door handles..the chrome mirror caps and the chrome gas cap from GMC but i did not see the chrome grill..Like you said when more and more Terrains pop up I am sure the parts will grow..Hopefully for down here in Florida I can sometime get a simulated black leather bra for the front..Then there would be no need for the chrome grill seeing the bra would cover it..Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
You guys are right, you couldn't get it with ordering the SLT-1 package. I think this was more not to confuse vehicles since that was one thing distinguishing the two trims, that along with standard features like the lift gate and back up sensors.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
My SLT-1 has the chrome package? I didn't order it but it was located and delivered from another dealer to mine. Except for the grill there's bling all over that silver bullet! Listed on the sticker as "Exterior Chrome Package and lumped together as "Chrome & Technology package on the invoice at $2545. The price ya pay for "bling". I looks nice if I do say so myself :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I paid 800 bucks for the chrome package. Chrom handles, chrome mirrors and TRUE front chrome grill. Not just the grate, but the outside border as well. Looks BADASS!

·
Registered
412 Posts
2012CarbonBlack said:
I paid 800 bucks for the chrome package. Chrom handles, chrome mirrors and TRUE front chrome grill. Not just the grate, but the outside border as well. Looks BADASS!
I bet it does look badass. Post a couple of pics!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Most of the posts are right . My 2012 Terrain is an SLT-2 with chrome package . Its Carbon Black Mettallic with the 19" chrome wheels , it is awesome . Got it thru PEP Program at GM . I am employee so got huge discount . You can't even find an SLT-2 on any lot in my neck of the woods . ;D

·
Registered
201 Posts
2012CarbonBlack said:
I bought the Grill online for $109...looks great

·
Registered
850 Posts
sidebite252 said:
My SLT-1 has the chrome package? I didn't order it but it was located and delivered from another dealer to mine. Except for the grill there's bling all over that silver bullet! Listed on the sticker as "Exterior Chrome Package and lumped together as "Chrome & Technology package on the invoice at $2545. The price ya pay for "bling". I looks nice if I do say so myself :cheers:
Just think, if you had a black vehicle. Going home from the rifle range this morning, I saw a black Terrain with chrome luggage rails and looked like the front end was solid chrome. I only got a glimpse of it as doing 50mph. What I saw looked nice to me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
teetertotter said:
Just think, if you had a black vehicle. Going home from the rifle range this morning, I saw a black Terrain with chrome luggage rails and looked like the front end was solid chrome. I only got a glimpse of it as doing 50mph. What I saw looked nice to me.
I'm sure the black w/ chrome would be sweet! This was wifey's choice (it's really her ride) but it's still very nice. She thinks black is too hot for the Texas summers and the dark color shows dirt too easy. The only thing that disapointed me was after we got it home I discovered the 19" chrome wheels are plastic inserts, not metal or a billet wheel. Like a fancy, cheap hubcap stuck to the 19" wheel. You'd think GM could do better than that.

·
Registered
850 Posts
sidebite252 said:
I'm sure the black w/ chrome would be sweet! This was wifey's choice (it's really her ride) but it's still very nice. She thinks black is too hot for the Texas summers and the dark color shows dirt too easy. The only thing that disapointed me was after we got it home I discovered the 19" chrome wheels are plastic inserts, not metal or a billet wheel. Like a fancy, cheap hubcap stuck to the 19" wheel. You'd think GM could do better than that.
Ya, but, does it rain but once a year in TX or every 2 months to get a black car dirty??? In that case, all you need is a California Duster. :cheers: With A/C it is cool. They look really beautiful 10 or more feet away if dirty. :binky: Holy, moly, 19 inch with plastic inserts.....that is hwy robbery.

·
Registered
47 Posts
teetertotter said:
Thats why I went with the machined aluminum wheels as the chrome was just like an overlay on the wheel.

·
Registered
850 Posts
We are down in Louisville for their State Fair and World Horse Show. Yesterdays visit, parked a couple rows down from us, there was a 2012 or 13 red color Terrain with chrome pkg. How sweet looking that was!!! I liked that color red but my wife did not. The front really sparkled and would guess can see for miles and ..........

·
Registered
850 Posts
After second look at the chrome package, the only thing I don't like is the rear chrome bumper strip, which makes it look like it is wearing a diaper. I would have to remove that. IMO

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The more sparkle in the sun the better!!

jmensing said:
Thats why I went with the machined aluminum wheels as the chrome was just like an overlay on the wheel.

I'm running the Terrain optional GM LF671 real chrome wheels,,,, there pretty nice :thumb:

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
teetertotter said:
After second look at the chrome package, the only thing I don't like is the rear chrome bumper strip, which makes it look like it is wearing a diaper. I would have to remove that. IMO
You can always plasti-dip it I would think if you remove it there will be attachment points that will be showing..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts