GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to poll the forum to see if anyone else has had this issue:
On my key the chrome on the key-chain loop lip is chipping off; in large chunks. Leaving protruding slivers that have cut me. I went to the dealer and they are swapping the fob out for free, but... I see on my wife's key it is chipped on the edge too. Did I get a bad batch or is this something that is pretty normal?

·
Registered
282 Posts
That sucks! How long have you had yours?

I have yet to experience this with mine after about a month and a half...and I have dropped it a few times too.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I will be on the lookout for that from now on. Thanks

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
We changed out the rinky dink key rings for some stouter ones. No chipping here.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I like the fact that the key fold for carrying in pockets and such...but I really hate the fact that the actual key part feels loose on the hinge, and the fob itself is thicker than it really needs to be. Rather than the square key portion, I would rather have a blade type that closes into a much thinner housing.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The "key" part on my remote is pretty solid. I guess it hasn't had time enough to loosen up. its only 7 months old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the keys for only a month. They swapped them both out for free. The new ones are holding up A LOT better than the first batch. Must have been flukes. The dealership said, and this is a quote, "You have to be careful with these 'cause they are not he highest quality."
I then asked if I should expect this to happen again and can I make that appointment now. He laughed and gave me another free oil change voucher (I think I have 3 now).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts