GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
Wow, people have creative ways of removing money from your pockets. Seems like a pretty neat idea, and very simple to manufacturer.

Nice profit margin.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The other day I saw an Audi with the white LED running lights and wondered what it would look like to mount a strip of super bright white LEDs on that piece without fog lights. Any experimenters out there?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Eh...that's $25 for what is basically two stickers. If you just want cosmetics, you could pay a little more and get the actual foglight bezels without the bulb assembly. What gets me is they show a close up pic, but not what it looks like actually on the Nox itself!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those are some pricy looking stickers. ::)

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Well that strip of chrome would sure make the inserts standout more. ..but is that really a good thing?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are expensive for what you get.

Most accessories are a rip off anyways. Look what some dealers charge for Mudflaps , hood deflectores etc. for small piece of plastic

OEM parts are a rip off too.

Where I used to live the kids had contests who could steel the most metal (on the 1990 they H was made of metal on the rear) Honda emblems on Accords (maybe the other models had them too.. When they took the emblem it left 2 holes into the trunk so you had to replace. Went to the Honda dealer and they had a replacement for $12.00 and they had sold 30 in a month. The new one was plastic chrome (Just like what is called chrome). This was 10 years ago.

Replacement bulbs on a 2000 Saturn LS1 in a special holder were $10 at the dealer 7 years ago. I believe there are 5 lights there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello....new here and just purchased (2 weeks old) a 2011 Mocha Steel Nox...love it so far. I actually just purchased a set of stainless steel one and installed on mine. I like the way it dresses it up. They were a little pricy...especially for two small shiney chrome slanted rectangles...but I do think it dresses it up. I paid just under $40.00...but they are steel, and not the plastic.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've used the plastic like chrome on vehilces for letter inserts on my VUE (Rear hatch and lower side panels). They hold up fine. Most of the "Chrome" on vehilces is actually plastic just like these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts