GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Equinox LT1 with the black plastic fillers where the fog lights would go.

Has anyone considered having these black plastic filler pieces "Chromed" and just replace these black filler pieces with nice chromed ones?
Not sure if this type of plastic could be chromed or how the surface finish would turn out.

I've seen some posts where people have replaced filler pieces with actual OEM fog lights with the chrome bezel.
Having fog lights would be nice, but I can do without, and was trying to think of a cheaper way to dress up this area on the front end.

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
cottonseed said:
If you check ebay they have something similar to what you are talking about. http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-11-CHEVROLET-EQUINOX-FOG-LIGHT-INSERT-CHROME-TRIM-/140529457781?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b8355a75

As for chroming the whole bezel I have not seen that dont yet. It may look pretty cool. You can buy a decent chrome spray look spray i would imagine and then just spray them.
Eh..if I had a LS/1LT I would just spend a little extra and get the actual foglight bezels. A chrome sticker is basically what that is..

·
Registered
468 Posts
NoobNox said:
Eh..if I had a LS/1LT I would just spend a little extra and get the actual foglight bezels. A chrome sticker is basically what that is..
I agree, I bought the bezels and have them on mine just no fogs in there yet. So far only 1 person noticed I didnt have any lights in the holes where the fogs should be haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cottonseed said:
I agree, I bought the bezels and have them on mine just no fogs in there yet. So far only 1 person noticed I didnt have any lights in the holes where the fogs should be haha
Any chance you can post a picture of how they look without the fog lights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cottonseed said:
Thanks for posting the pictures.
May I inquire how much you paid for the set of chrome bezels inserts and how hard it was to install them?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Marcelissen said:
Thanks for posting the pictures.
May I inquire how much you paid for the set of chrome bezels inserts and how hard it was to install them?
I dont recall the price I paid for them but I bought them at fastgmparts.com, also compare the price with gmpartsdirect.com. When comparing the two make sure you add the shipping in, sometimes gmpartsdirect has a lower price but the shipping makes it more expensive. Installing them is not hard but they are a pain in the neck. When you remove the stock non foglight bezel you will most likely end up breaking them. I know I did and many others on here did too. The new ones pretty much snap in but there is a pesky screw that you have to remove from the stock ones and use on the new ones that make it a pain in the neck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts