GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of the Chrome Grille overlays available as an aftermarket item for a 2011 Equinox?

I think they look nice and add to the overall look of the vehicle.

I have also seen different chrome replace grilles, but I prefer the standard OEM look, but in chrome. These just snap on over the standard grille and are made of chrome plated ABS plastic.

Was looking for some feedback from anyone that has one installed or knew of someone that has on installed:
How well is the construction?
How well does it hold up over time?
How secure is the installation?
Is there any noticeable movement or vibration when driving?
If needed to be removed, how easy would it be to do? Would there be any damage to the chrome grille or the original factory grille it was attached too?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have one. I'll try to answer your questions (I also have a posted picture on this forum)

How well is the construction? Appears to be well contructed
How well does it hold up over time? Only had for less than a year but looks like it will hold up.
How secure is the installation? It uses tabs that snap the pieces in. It is secure
Is there any noticeable movement or vibration when driving? None
If needed to be removed, how easy would it be to do? Would there be any damage to the chrome grille or the original factory grille it was attached too?

Not sure how easy it would be. Not sure if it would make any damage

·
Registered
468 Posts
Unless you are very very careful you most likely will break a tab or two on the grille if you were taking it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RNOX said:
I have one. I'll try to answer your questions (I also have a posted picture on this forum)
Thank you for the reply.
I've several places that have them available. Anyone have a recommendation of a good place to buy from?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Got mine on ebay for about $100. I checked ebay and the seller is asking $200 now. You may want to look at other sellers

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got the 97 dollar one coming today off of Amazon. I tried to buy from iicard or wgphatever they are called and got the run around. Told me it shipped on the 14th of June but after asking twice for a track # they kept telling me they're get back with me in 24 hours. Finally go back to me with it is backordered for 4 to 6 weeks. Then they gave me the run around about a refund. Finally 5days later I got email saying they never charged me. I think I won't be doing business with them again anytime soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cottonseed said:
Thats a current listing from the seller I bought mine from. I used the make offer option and got it for $85.00 USD with free shipping.
Thanks for the eBay tip. I made the same offer and now have one on the way ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nox-rocks said:
I think that is the one I just put on mine, I really like it.
nox-rocks,
Nice looking. I hope to be adding the same grille to my white 2011 Equinox LT1. It really adds some class to the styling vs. the standard black grille.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My chrome grille arrived today and it only took a couple minutes to install.
Looks great too ;D I'm happy I made the small investment, it really add to the look of my white Equinox (IMO)

Thanks everyone for the feedback and earlier comments.

Maybe next on my list is to find something to help dress up the black inserts where the fog lights would go since that is an option I don't have.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Marcelissen said:
My chrome grille arrived today and it only took a couple minutes to install.
Looks great too ;D I'm happy I made the small investment, it really add to the look of my white Equinox (IMO)

Thanks everyone for the feedback and earlier comments.

Maybe next on my list is to find something to help dress up the black inserts where the fog lights would go since that is an option I don't have.
They sell chrome inserts on ebay. A little pricy but look nice http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-11-CHEVROLET-EQUINOX-FOG-LIGHT-INSERT-CHROME-TRIM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem20b8355a75QQitemZ140529457781QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RNOX said:
I have seen those Chrome Fog Light Insert Trim on eBay, and I agree, they do appear to be pricy.
One major concern I have about these; The trim pieces are not molded, but laser cut from a flat ABS chrome plastic sheets. I would be worried that within a short period of time the chrome would start to peel off at the edges where it was laser cut, and not fully chromed around the edges.
Plus I was looking for something that maybe covered a little more of this area too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts