GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

What do you think of the chromed gas access door cover?

• Hate it ...gross!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Love it.. beautiful!

• Take it or leave it.

• Dont want to draw attention to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like it at all but to each his own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I must say at first I thought it was awful looking. But as I thought about it and think that I remember seeing it in a picture of a Terrain with the chrome package . . . .well . . .ah . . I ordered one from my dealer to install when my SLT2 arrives any day now. And that's why I voted, "take it or leave it." I took it!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I think they look slick on some sportscars..or muscle cars that have the raised opening cap on top of the back fender that goes with the flow of that design...but making a flat side fuel door stand out in the middle of a fender is just the opposite of the origional intention of trying to hide it as much as possible to blend with the fender and wheel flare. I don't view it as complimenting the chrome trim...but just standing out..as out of place.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I agree with Iceman.
To me it looks like patching up a dent with something from the junk yard.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The chrome gas cover and overall the chrome package is why we went with SLT-1 instead of the SLT-2. I'm just not a big fan of chrome.

·
Registered
468 Posts
DavidPJ said:
The chrome gas cover and overall the chrome package is why we went with SLT-1 instead of the SLT-2. I'm just not a big fan of chrome.
Chrome like most things in this world is good with moderation.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If chrome is your fancy, then why not? I have the chrome package without the gas cover. I was considering ordering it a an afterthought or extra but decided not 2 for now. It definitely attracts attention from other vehicle owners. If you want the extra attention, then go for it. If you could take it or leave it, leave it. Personally, I don't desire any more attention or attraction to my vehicle. Enough people notice the car already. It looks sharp to me though. I'm going to pass for now. But I kind of like it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Anyone have any pics of a chrome cap installed?
I thought about getting one.

I'd drive an "all-chrome" vehicle if I could, love chrome!
Or mirror finish, like those window tints you see or the old t-tops on sports cars that were mirrored...do the whole car, I say!
LOLOLOLOL!!!

Anyway, if someone has a pic, that'd be great if you could post it up!

Voted "take it o leave it" til I see one installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts