GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a decent picture of a chrome fuel door on an Equinox?
We are ordering a 2012 LTZ to replace our 2011 2LT and are changing the color to Black Granite Metallic from Mocha steel metallic, and with messing around with the options on the 2011 model on Chevy website it looks like this would look pretty good on the Black metallic with the other parts in chrome, but I cannot find a good picture of one on a vehicle to be sure. The only photo is on the Chevy website and the others are just a picture of the fuel door itself. I assume this is an option yet for the 2012, if not then that will make my decison easier!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
This was posted here a while back. I have a black Terrain and think it would look awful, but that's just me. A little square piece of chrome stuck in the middle of a large expance of (any color) would look "ghetto". IMHO :thumbdown:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Duece,

I saw them on a website with only the door itself showing. I also thought about doing the chrome fuel door (I have the chrome posts between the front and rear windows). My husband has one on his RED[/color] Silverado. It certainly looks crisp on the truck! for me, the look of the door is too rugged looking. I'm of the opinion the NOX lines are too flowing to interupt the look, and it would look out of place. Possibly, you could place one up next to the vehicle to check it out.

btw, there are a ton of cool (IMHO) aftermarket mods for the Nox....I"m having soooo much fun. But then, I'm considering some custom painted pinstriping, which throws most of the folks on this forum into a tizzy for some reason. :banghead: I say, do what makes YOU happy to your vehicle....YOU are the one making the payments...... ;D

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Couldn't have said it better. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Guess I just don't really understand why someone would want their fuel door to stand out(especially on an Equinox)..when they are made to blend in. Why not just pull the hinged door off and put on a big honkin shiny stainless steel spinner racing gas cap rather than a patch of chrome in the middle of a fender? However..the chrome stick on fuel doors do sell...so there are those that think they do look cool... :rock:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was looking at pix of that fuel door as well..... I had that thought . o O(Why have this one piece of chrome - just to draw attention to the fuel door?) -- then the urge to buy passed. I am contimplating a billet door on my SKY -- but the 'Nox door just doesn't make sense -- and BTW I LOVE chrome. :beer:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We decided against it after consideration. It looks ok from the pic, but just don't think it belongs on this vehicle. Can always add it if we decide to later. Hopefully order went in today or tomorrow, will know soon.

Thanks for the advice and opinions!

·
Registered
39 Posts
RNOX said:
Got to do what you like. I just chromed the lower lift gate and put a chrome extention on the tailpipe.
I too got a chrome extention on the tailpipe. I have the single pipe as I have the 4banger.

Chrome on lower lift gate, eh? Would like to see that application.....how 'bout a pic RNOX?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Rnox.

Trimstop has a ton of cool accessories as well. I originally got an exhaust tip from a fellow in Canada, off of EBay.

The problem is that it discolored from the heat. My husband purchased another for a little more $ that looks much better. Just goes to show, you get what you pay for :drunk:

I put a dash kit on (in gallery). also, had the steering wheel done.(will get pics of wheel on soon)....IMHO, the nox is wonderfull to upgrade the interior as its already so luxurious. I feel you would pay at least 10K for a vehicle with such appointments.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I got a Superior pipe from amazon market place. Been on for about a month no problems. I put a B and I dashkit in my Nox and have posted pictures too. Would like to see the steering wheel pictures. I have the leather wheel and like it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazing how there is not a single picture on the Internet of GM#19171940 Fuel/Gas Door Chrome with Chevy Bowtie Logo actually installed on a Nox. My summit white 2013 LTZ has a chrome package that does not include a chrome fuel door. I think the Chevy bowtie logo chrome fuel door might look good with the chrome package on summit white, but, I won't buy the door until I see a picture of one installed, or in person.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GM has the Chrome door photo'd on one in their accessory catalog and some of the GM parts web sites.

I really do not understand the need or the appeal of a chrome door on the side of the vehicle that has not balance to it. It just look like a off piece of chrome in the middle of no where.

It may just be me but I think it just does not flow with the rest of the vehicle. In my view the door should blend in more vs. just sticking out. It is something that should not be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Honestly I have seen one on a equinox with just chrome vinyl and it looked so out of place. Plus that thing is so much $$ I would save your funds unless you really want more chrome. IMO I think no one has them or flossed them on the internet cause they took it off.
What color is your nox? I you want something different you can color match or go black out style. Or put some chrome vinyl sticker to see if you would really like it.

The Terrain looks super strange with em as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts