GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a 2011 equinox lt2 and I have been searching high and low for a chrome front chevy logo. I see painted ones people have done but I know on trucks you can pick up the bolt on ones all day long. has anyone come across someone who makes these as the cheesy gold one that is on there now sucks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please check my post CHROMED EMBLEM. I agree that the gold bowtie clashes with certain colors, but works better with others i.e. brown, tan, red. Black bowties look good on black; that's a no brainer. what color is yours? Mine is twilight blue.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would also recommend contacting your local dealer. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Please feel free to keep me updated on your progress. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could always send it off to be chromed. Their are plenty of places that chrome plastic or metal. check some of the internet sites.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I know you prob been looking at different options with regarding a chrome bowtie emblem. Looks like most people just vinyl over the gold part, which comes out good if done right. I was searching around for myself as well, and I came across this one on ebay. Very interesting since I have never seen this or herd of the directions they give on replacing it. Here are the pics from the item incase it doesn't show up. I would be worry about doing this to mine, maybe if i had a extra one to try it on. But the outcome might look good and last long. Vinyl is still cheaper option and prob the one I will go with lol. I looked on his page and he has a aluminum polished or a black powder coated one. Here are the pics and the description.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
my question exactly how can you take out the gold piece with out trashing the whole emblem?
here are the instructions:
Installation Instructions:

Step 1: Remove the Gold and Chrome OEM Grille Emblem, There are Four Catch Clips on the Back Side of the Grille.

Step 2: Remove the Gold Section from the OEM Emblem, Use a Flat Bladed Screwdriver and Push on the Back Side of the Emblem in the Four Slotted Areas, WARNING The Gold Section Will Break.

Step 3: Clean the Black Glue off the Center Section, Clean the Area with Rubbing Alochol, this will Act as A Bonding Agent for the New Emblem. Install the Billet Emblem to the Chrome Section.

Step 4: Reinstall the OEM Billet Emblem to the Grille.

LOL HE STATES THAT THE GOLD SECTION WILL BREAK!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts