GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2010 GMC Terrain on Friday 02-12-10. It's a SLT-2 4 cyl. engine in Mocha Steel w/chrome pkg. Absolutley love this vehicle, I traded in a 2005 Equinox LT and the appointments and detail of the new Terrain is way better than the 2005 Equinox.
I was wondering if anyone has found a clamp-on or bolt-on chrome exhaust tip that will fit this vehicle.
I am also having trouble locating a front license plate protector for this vehicle. Does anyone have ideas on how to find these after market products?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks SnowItch,
I ordered a Gibson stainless steel chrome exhaust tip from Auto Everything and it came today. I tried the fit-up and it was perfect. Adds a little dress-up to the back end of the Terrain.

Thanks again for the link.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As far as the front license plate protector goes, I took a razor knife and cut the two tabs on the top that hold the plate off. I then took the protector and mounted with the bottom screws only. After it was in place I drilled out the two top holes and used stainless steel screws with chrome covers to dress it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
SnowItch said:
Your welcome. Be sure to post some pictures, I'm sure others are interested in doing to same thing.
ditto. I am highly interested in doing this but would like to get a better idea of the end look. Which one did you go with (single or double wall, inlet, outlet, length)? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tbox232,
I bought the exhaust tip from Auto Anything. I got the single wall 2.5" inlet 3.0" outlet 8.0" long. This is the link to the page were you can order one.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/65A2490A0A0.aspx

Put it on last night after work, fits like a glove. Was a little surprised that the stainless steel exhaust tip came with standard mounting hardware. Went to local hardware store to replace witih stainless hardare. Like I said, dresses the back end up a little. Hopefully I can post some pictures. Like to have the Moca Express clean before I take pictures, but it is kind of hard to do in between the snow showers here in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Put it on last night after work, fits like a glove. Was a little surprised that the stainless steel exhaust tip came with standard mounting hardware. Went to local hardware store to replace witih stainless hardare. Like I said, dresses the back end up a little. Hopefully I can post some pictures. Like to have the Moca Express clean before I take pictures, but it is kind of hard to do in between the snow showers here in Wisconsin.
[/quote]

Thanks for the Info. I'm going to order the same thing for my Nox (also Mocha Steel). I'm on the west side of WI.

·
Registered
155 Posts
thanks for the info member. i know exactly what you mean about taking pics when she's clean! hopefully you'll be able to snap a few soon. i'm dying to see what it looks like! thanks again!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I put an extension on my 07 Vue V6, single exhaust. But because of the angle of the original, had to put a 45 degree connector on the tailpipe (which was cut back a couple inches) so it looked ok coming out just under the rear bumper valance. I'd like to dress up the I4 exhaust as well and look forward to pics. Also watching for an aftermarket dual exhaust system....even though that's probably a bit overdone for a 4 cyl CUV. But then again, there are a lot of 4 cyl cars and "cute" utes out there with dual exhausts. A visual thing really, but you folks with the V6 and dual exhausts look pretty cool from the rear end...and I'm talking about your vehicles.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah i would love to be able to add duals eventually, but a tip will have to do for now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took some pictures yesterday after work while the Mocha Express was clean and the weather was nice.
The fromt license plate I took a piece of thin (.030 thk.) polycarbonate and cut it the size of front mounting plate. Drilled a couple holes on the bottom, rounded the four corners and pushed it up along with the license plate under the two tabs on top. It actually fit, but tight. Then capped two new stainless steel screws with black caps.
For the back license plate i used (.060 thk.) polycarbonate and mounted the plate with a stainless steel GMC license plate holder with stainless steel hardware.
The exhaust tip fit good but it does angle down a little because of the angle of the tailpipe coming off the muffler. I might check into taking it to Midas or some shop to see if they can bend it up a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Member2010 said:
The exhaust tip fit good but it does angle down a little because of the angle of the tailpipe coming off the muffler. I might check into taking it to Midas or some shop to see if they can bend it up a little.
Looking at my exhaust, I kinda thought that might be the case, but wanted to see for sure.

KJ

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looking at the exposed exhaust pipe on the back of my Terrain, it does look kind of lame. However at $50 or more to dress it up, I can live with it. I think if there is a nice chrome tip available for $40 or less I might do it. Any suggestions? What size would I be looking for?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Member2010: Which exhaust tip was this (in the pictures) and what was the size needed please?

·
Registered
155 Posts
i just pulled the trigger on the round gibson, same measurements. will post pics once installed!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too bought the Gibson exhaust tip for my Terrain but I bought it from amazon.com and paid $24.49 for it. I added some glass cleaner for $3.95 and that gave me free shipping. All total delivered was $28.44. I love the look and I could not beat the price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
wow, i feel like an idiot - i didn't even think to look at amazon, which i normally do..... ::) oh well lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts