GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of putting the chrome handles on my doors. I just photoshopped it and I think it looks pretty good.

I was wondering if anyone has done this. Are the GM ones actual handles or just covers? Can anyone attest to the quality/durability of the covers that stick on for $100 cheaper?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Gm ones are not stick on the entire handle is chrome and very easy to swap out. Its the same material as your painted handles just plastic chromed plated. They are not metal chrome. I think the factory ones will hold up better long term, but there are people that have bought the ebay stick on covers and like em. Its really personal preference. I cannot put stick on ones since i am in AZ and they will pretty much melt off lol.
I am just waiting on my camera tri pod and i am doing a full write up and video on chrome accessories, how to and install. But they are simple to put on just need a t20 torx screw driver.
Gm part number is Manufacturer Part Number: 19212052. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
As mentioned before. The stickons vs door handle is personal preference. My other car has chrome handles and they have held up great on my 09 car. Again as personal preference, I would replace the door handles and not go with the stickons. They can be had online for $120 or less shipped for a set of 4 door handles. If you decide to go with the stick on covers. Don't spend over $40 shipped for them.

To replace the door handles, there is 1 screw holding them in place.It is accessible from behind the handle on the inside door frame. There are pictures attached in one of my postings.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=3867.0

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
jcarm75 said:
As mentioned before. The stickons vs door handle is personal preference. My other car has chrome handles and they have held up great on my 09 car. Again as personal preference, I would replace the door handles and not go with the stickons. They can be had online for $120 or less shipped for a set of 4 door handles. If you decide to go with the stick on covers. Don't spend over $40 shipped for them.

To replace the door handles, there is 1 screw holding them in place.It is accessible from behind the handle on the inside door frame. There are pictures attached in one of my postings.

http://www.equinoxforum.net/index.php?topic=3867.0
Bowtieman has a great video on how to install chrome handles Search the forum and you will find it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts