GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done the aftermarket chrome door handles? I'm picking up a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 on Monday and they couldn't find one with the chrome package. I saw some other posts and came across a GMC accessories link that had the handles. In the picture they appear to look like a matte silver versus chrome. Can anyone verify? TIA

P.S. sorry since I am new I can't post the link

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
amartins02 said:
Has anyone done the aftermarket chrome door handles? I'm picking up a 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-2 on Monday and they couldn't find one with the chrome package. I saw some other posts and came across a GMC accessories link that had the handles. In the picture they appear to look like a matte silver versus chrome. Can anyone verify? TIA

P.S. sorry since I am new I can't post the link
Have you thought about the aftermarket chrome covers? They stick over the handles and look as good as factory
I put a set of handels and mirror covers on mine for around 100 dollars
if you go to picture share, sumit white and look I have pics posted also I added a 3pc billet grill

·
Registered
59 Posts
I purchased the chrome package when I ordered the vehicle, however, the door handles and the mirror covers came inside the vehicle and the dealer installs them. They are bright chrome but I don't think I would try and install the door handles as I don't know how to take the originals off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. From what I read on the forums the handles come off pretty easily. It's just a T25 screw that holds them on. The handles I saw on a GMC accessory site has all four handles for $139 and $116 on eBay. I might do that since it's only a few dollars more. I wanted to also get the chrome mirror covers as well.

Overall I was very happy with the purchase. I wanted the tech in the Ford Edge since I am a techy kind of guy and listen to lots of podcasts etc. But I didn't want to spend the extra $3500. Besides, once I finish pharmacy school next May it is almost a certainty that I will be a floater (go from store to store) and will benefit from the great MPG on the Terrain. But overall it I feel like I got a great deal for the money and... nothing says techy more than an app that starts your car lol.

P.S. If you guys want a great online bank I would suggest USAA. You can deposit checks using your phone. But I mention it because they have a car buying service for members. I got the SLE-2 with convenience package and sunroof for...$26,450 I believe. Not bad. I got around $1500 off of MSRP.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I got the chrome covers from ebay. Easy to install. The only thing I don't like is that Chrome shows fingerprints more that just the color door handles. I did the pillars to in Chrome and I see my wifes prints

·
Registered
160 Posts
I put the chrome covers on years ago from a link a user posted on here. They were terrible, could not be more obvious they were just stick ons, after a few weeks I couldn't handle it and ordered the actual chrome handles. One of the best decisions I've made with the nox. I think every time I grab one, how could a guy be happy with a stick on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just go to shop chevy parts.com They have the chrome door handle replacements for like $188. I had dealership put them on for me with the purchase of my vehicle. So much better looking then the stick on ones. Totally worth the extra $100.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I paid like 90$ online and put them on myself. Cannot stress enough how much better they are.

·
Registered
122 Posts
IMHO you can go too far with that stuff. So far I've got chrome nerf bars, a chrome bug guard, and just added chrome mirror covers. Not too sure yet about the covers but if I don't stop somehwere I'll look like I drove through the JC Whitney catalogue with my crap magnet set to high... :beer:

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
How about some custom lower door side molding? :thumb:

See the pictures below. . . . . ;D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I'd try test driving one with the chrome mirrors first. At least for me, they were very annoying with glare when the sun hits it just right.

And just my opinion, chrome is quite the 50's and 60's? Satin nickel is the way to go today. Haha, to each their own. :cheers:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Chas said:
And just my opinion, chrome is quite the 50's and 60's? Satin nickel is the way to go today. Haha, to each their own. :cheers:
I guess you've never owned a Harley. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Jls7299 said:
I think this is the only close photo i have of the handles, i think with the black tint on the white. Then chrome really stands out.
The chrome handles look great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chas said:
I'd try test driving one with the chrome mirrors first. At least for me, they were very annoying with glare when the sun hits it just right.

I generally do not like chrome at all, but for some reason I Ike it on the Terrain. Maybe because it was an upgrade. I do agree that the brushed looks nicer, like the ones on the Denalis, but I didn't want to pay more for them.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
It's a matter of taste and preference - - -[/color] :thumb:

But many think chrome is cool or adds elegance - - - -[/color]
8)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts