GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the covers I seen on the internet worth while or do they look like cheap chrome covers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
I'd get them from GM, but that's just me.
Unless you post some links or pics, it's hard to tell what you're referring to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
The cheapies are going to be stick-ons of dubious quality. I believe the OEM chrome actually requires you to remove the handles for installation...(but I could be thinking of the chrome side mirrors)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
NoobNox said:
The cheapies are going to be stick-ons of dubious quality. I believe the OEM chrome actually requires you to remove the handles for installation...(but I could be thinking of the chrome side mirrors)
Chrome mirror covers from GM( plastic) need to be swaped out My dealer didnt want to do it because he said the part that holds the heated mirror on always breaks off (small plastic clips) Door handles need replaced ..not that hard of a job.
I went with the cheap stick on covers fit and finish is great no problems in over a year of use..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Chrome mirror covers from GM( plastic) need to be swaped out My dealer didnt want to do it because he said the part that holds the heated mirror on always breaks off (small plastic clips) Door handles need replaced ..not that hard of a job.
I went with the cheap stick on covers fit and finish is great no problems in over a year of use..
ohhh adding chrome on, must be trying to impress your neighbors..... jk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
cottonseed said:
ohhh adding chrome on, must be trying to impress your neighbors..... jk
Good one... but they are the type that can tell its only plastic and that I was to cheap to buy factory
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
I bought the covers and they look great. I also bought the dorr pillar chrome covers. The pillar covers make a real difference to the look of the vehicle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I bought the door handle covers, they stick on with tape, look great. I parked next to a brand new terrian with the full chrome package, and looked for 10 minutes and could not tell the difference. Do it you will love it. I spent $48 on e-bay, saw cheaper priced but the place had good reviews.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I just bought the stick-on chrome pieces for my 2012 Terrain as well. So far, I've only received the chrome pillar pieces, but I bought the SES jewelry grade metal ones (only $10 or $15 more than plastic) and they look fantastic. Next time I'm at the dealership I'll do the side-by-side comparison, and snap a few pics of mine and the factory installed chrome model to see if anyone can tell the difference.

Just a tip: goto upgradeyourauto.com instead of ebay. They have an ebay page, but the prices are better on their website. Not to mention the added bonus of not giving any business to Paypal. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Don't forget the 17" wheel skins
is this where i comment chrome is icky :thumb: ;D :eek: :drunk: :cheers: j/k but it is >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
AMG Eric said:
is this where i comment chrome is icky :thumb: ;D :eek: :drunk: :cheers: j/k but it is >:D
NP that is why we are all different, and can have our own opinions and or likes and dislikes.
Might even be a safety issue with the sun reflecting off all that plastic chrome...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Might even be a safety issue with the sun reflecting off all that plastic chrome...[/color]
:thumb: :thumb: :confused: yup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
DeKnurla said:
......
Just a tip: goto upgradeyourauto.com instead of ebay. They have an ebay page, but the prices are better on their website. Not to mention the added bonus of not giving any business to Paypal. ;D
Similar parts on ebay are $32 shipped (minimum), on the site you mentioned, they are $59.95 on "sale" plus shipping.
Paypal fees and shipping are paid by the seller and included in the price. Ebay seller: corseautosports for example.

my 0.02
JCarm75
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top