GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, I've been curbing the Nox.
Looks like red paint undercoat. I don't really care about the red, what type of paint will stick to the rim and survive winter snow, salt, freezing?
IMG_20201117_143829.jpg
IMG_20201117_143916.jpg

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
To me, those look like the plastic clad covers that were being used on the gen. 2 Equinox. Is the chrome teally plastic ? If so, no worry about rust, but you will have to replace the whole wheel and cover to make it look good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me, those look like the plastic clad covers that were being used on the gen. 2 Equinox. Is the chrome teally plastic ? If so, no worry about rust, but you will have to replace the whole wheel and cover to make it look good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is paint, the chrome looking chip in the second picture is actually the fresh aluminum under the paint.
I wish it were a cover. The rims come with the Redline package.
Looks like they painted Orange, then red, then black...efficient!

Maybe an epoxy type of paint?
Primer first?

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are services out there that will make that wheel look new again. They'll fill it and paint it to match. I don't know what type of paint they use. But you could contact one of them. If you can't find the service, the used car department at any dealer should be able to point you in the right direction. They deal with curb rash all the time.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Duplicolor makes rattle cans of wheel paint and a clear wheel paint also if you just want to seal the scuffs with something. A lot of the auto box stores carry it.
I use the silver wheel paint to paint my calipers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Those look like the chrome ones on my Terrain, I have one scuff that was there when I bought it, looks like white plastic underneath. ¯\(ツ)

It isn't just a cover it's the rim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts