GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my 2011 Equinox 3 months
I leave to go to work this morning to discover that somebody pumped my car in the parking lot
What do you suggest to fix this?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
Looks like it's on the bumper, so no threat of rust. I would just but a tube of touch up paint from the dealer and live with it. More will come, unfortunately.

·
Registered
949 Posts
bummer! Did anything in the wheel well, right above the tire get cracked?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i agree with rit333 its not metal just plastic...go to the dealer for your color match and paint it...too bad you didnt catch the SOB who did it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback........
@RIT333 nothing above it crack but it did make a slight bend right in the middle of the wheel covering. There is no chipped paint there but you can notice a change in the pattern when viewing it from a distance.
I was thinking about taking it to Maaco but hate paying a fortune just for that and I definitely didn't want to file an insurance claim. I live in a high accident area (DC/Maryland Area) and insurance companies here look for any and every reason to raise your rate plus I hate for that to go on my carfax. Don't want to kill the value of my car.
So I can get matching touch up paint from my dealer? Anyone have a ballpark estimate of how much it will run me?

I now think it was one of my neighbors who just moved in. We have a parking garage attached to my apartment building with assigned spaces. Whoever it is I think backed in to tight and clipped my car. Ironically last night whoever ti is with that assigned space next to me didn't park there. Probably trying to lay low. Waiting to catch them and inspect their car.

Thanks Again Everybody

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a small paint pen from the dealer a couple months back and i paid like $15 it includes a brush too...just make sure you clean the area really good before doing that so that the new paint wont chip off.

·
Registered
10,396 Posts
javon23 said:
. Don't want to kill the value of my car.
Certainly a little nick like that, after touching it up, will have no impact on the value of your car. No - DO NOT go to MAACO - that may kill the value of your car !

::)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was the paint pen an exact match??? my color is black metallic
Thanks for the heads up on Maaco

I think i feel a lot better today compared to yesterday lol
had to cancel my appointment today. was scheduled to have my car waxed for $80
I like to put a nice thick coat on it that last at least 6 months that protects me from BS like this smh
especially the winter elements

·
Registered
21 Posts
yes the paint is an exact match its the OEM paint....when you go to your dealer to buy it you will need your VIN number so they can look it up

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from the dealership and of course there is no dealer around me that has my paint in stock.
said they will search around for it or order it from GM and call me when its in. smh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts